THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

took a shot in the dark and pulled into a small architectural metal shop and was able to pick up a sheet of expanded metal in the EXACT width I needed for my cooking grates and just long enough for 4 and best part was the guy sold it to me for $10!!!

Took it home and after a considerable amount of cutting and welding got my fire grate put together. If I have any expanded metal left over I will put it across the back but for now I just think it's cool!

Attachments

Well it's official...after today's work I am two cooking grates away from having a functional smoker!!!

Today I made my chimney damper and cut in my air intake!

Dave, this thing looks incredible!!!!! Later this week I will fire it up again and see how it does with airflow.

Attachments

I like the way the intake turned out, it was fun making the prototype. After seeing it and knowing it can easily be scaled up I'm kinda wondering if a larger version could do double duty as a firebox door and intake

As soon as I get my cooking grates made and cleaned (probably today cause I'm off work earlier) I will fire it up for a burn and then a cook and there will be pics a plenty!!!

Did you have any of my ribs at the bash?

May I present to the world...BoomShuckuLucky! aka BabyBoom!!!

Got about 20 minutes worth of grinding to do (not tonight) and I'll do a practice/second seasoning burn and put food on it this weekend...stay tuned!!!

Attachments

Back