THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I personally like Mayonnaise, but if you don't like it, I understand a rather liberal spritzing of hot sauce makes it go down easier...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubV3t9_CwDc"]Undercover Brother - Mayonnaise - YouTube[/ame]

CD

Hey bob where were the stands in the video located?
Hermosillo and Monterrey. I haven't been to those specific ones but the concept and good food is the same for the most part. Like with any vendor, some just have more customers cause they have that special recipe or great people skills.

Wow! All that looks really good!

I have a question: At the 2:10 mark in the first video, it shows a bunch of hot dogs on a plate. It looks like the hot dogs are rolled up in a flour tortilla or something, and then wrapped with the bacon.

What is the flour tortilla looking wrap?

Thanks!

wallace
I thinks those are bacon wrapped burritos. Chimichanga on 'roids! :twisted:

I'm with you bobbrisket I know exactly what your talking about I'm from EP
Got some pics from a local hot dog vendor from down in Socco Loco. Got some "machitos" pics too. We made a run for the border last night! Not over the border, but closer to it. :heh: Good food and good family time! Just gotta load the pics.

Last edited:
We got our beverages at the convenience store across the street. Big Red is Big in Texas!:heh:
WP_20130524_001_zps64b7bb54.jpg

Hot dogs...........foot longers. Pretty slick and shiney set up too!
WP_20130524_002_zpsc4f73a9d.jpg

Mine had it all. There is a bacon wrapped wiener under there. Pinto beans, mustard, salsa, onions, mayo. You name it. And a hot roasted jalapeno. He roasts em in the bacon grease!:cool:
WP_20130524_003_zps692baceb.jpg

We dined 'al fresco!' SUV Style. Lil' Bobby B KILLED that hotdog. THe kid inhaled it. :heh:
WP_20130524_006_zps16fa3675.jpg

Machitos. You gotta research these. They were NOWHERE as good as the ones my Grandma made, but they hit the spot for $6!:mrgreen: The salsa and onions were good. Another jalapeno. I was hurting this AM!:mad2:
WP_20130524_007_zpse3761b7c.jpg

WP_20130524_008_zps484c005e.jpg

WP_20130524_009_zpsd61a7d23.jpg

Folks, good food out there to be had out of a cart or truck. Good people making good food! That's what it's all about!:thumb:

We got our beverages at the convenience store across the street. Big Red is Big in Texas!:heh:
WP_20130524_001_zps64b7bb54.jpg

Hot dogs...........foot longers. Pretty slick and shiney set up too!
WP_20130524_002_zpsc4f73a9d.jpg

Mine had it all. There is a bacon wrapped wiener under there. Pinto beans, mustard, salsa, onions, mayo. You name it. And a hot roasted jalapeno. He roasts em in the bacon grease!:cool:
WP_20130524_003_zps692baceb.jpg

We dined 'al fresco!' SUV Style. Lil' Bobby B KILLED that hotdog. THe kid inhaled it. :heh:
WP_20130524_006_zps16fa3675.jpg

Machitos. You gotta research these. They were NOWHERE as good as the ones my Grandma made, but they hit the spot for $6!:mrgreen: The salsa and onions were good. Another jalapeno. I was hurting this AM!:mad2:
WP_20130524_007_zpse3761b7c.jpg

WP_20130524_008_zps484c005e.jpg

WP_20130524_009_zpsd61a7d23.jpg

Folks, good food out there to be had out of a cart or truck. Good people making good food! That's what it's all about!:thumb:

And that looks great as well. Going to do some research on this stuff.

Thanks again!

wallace

That all looks sooo good. I need a dog.

Oh, and we don't have those fancy Mexican hot dog carts here, but, we have the little ones the guys push around.

I do not like mayo, but I believe I could eat any and all of the food shown in this thread. I may have to visit some of our local Latino food stands here now. Hadn't heard of Coke from Mexico being different than U.S. Coke. Definitely gonna check that out. Very entertaining thread!

Back