THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I always have loved the mexican street food culture (at least in my little town of jalisco). You eat first, then you tell them what you ate,and then they charge you. That right there is complete trust in your product. A hot dog and a Mexican fresca what else can be better as a late night snack.

It's great stuff! I used to down them like no tomorrow after football games outside the L.A. Coliseum.

4987369074_637dcee6ae.jpg

Preach it Bob! I can sum up the food of Old Mexico in this Statement " Proudly brought to you by the folks that gave the world Chocolate" The word of the Day is "patas" Ayudar a difundir la palabra

I consider Mayo a food group.

And we have Mexican Coke here. Just gotta know where to look. Also Jewish Coke around Passover if you live near a big city with a large Jewish population. Evidently HFCS is not Kosher.

was talking about this this morning and my wife got upset at me because i forgot to mention a hawaiian favorite, at least long ago. when eating fries you would mix mustard with mayo as a dip. here in the staes we just mix mustard and ketchup together as a sweet sour sauce for fries. i may have to start bringing my own mayo !

Wow! All that looks really good!

I have a question: At the 2:10 mark in the first video, it shows a bunch of hot dogs on a plate. It looks like the hot dogs are rolled up in a flour tortilla or something, and then wrapped with the bacon.

What is the flour tortilla looking wrap?

Thanks!

wallace

Oh man I need to pay attention to the local food truck scene here in SA. I'm bound to find somebody serving a Mx. hot dog. Thanks for the video, I loved the Michael Salgado track, makes me want to drink a beer :thumb:

Wow! All that looks really good!

I have a question: At the 2:10 mark in the first video, it shows a bunch of hot dogs on a plate. It looks like the hot dogs are rolled up in a flour tortilla or something, and then wrapped with the bacon.

What is the flour tortilla looking wrap?

Thanks!

wallace

Bacon wrapped burrito? I like how these Mexicans think.

Very cool video. If that does not get you in the mood to have a Sonoran Dog nothing will work. Here's our local Sonoran Dog and Street Taco Carts - Marcos:

marcos-1_zps249b13a4.jpg

Yes they do use Mayo and it's great on this bacon wrapped dog.

marco-s-hot-dogs.jpg

Street tacos:

marco-s-hot-dogs.jpg

Back