THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dweverett

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Bill
I have the original 36” Blackstone with the poorly designed front drain. As I think I’ve posted elsewhere, we recently redid the deck and I’d rather not make as big a mess as in the past so grease management is important. I won’t say that money is no object but it’s not my main concern.

I know Blackstone has moved the drain to the back and has a number of specific models with storage, air fryer etc. I also see that that Pit Boss has one with a non-stick coating.

Not sure if one is clearly better or if there is a better option out there than either.

The EVO on the cart stand is probably out as, while money might not be the main concern, there are limits. :shocked:

I have cooked on Blackstones and Camp Chefs. IMO, CS beats BS in the following areas:

-Even heat distribution
-Built more rugged
-Comes pre-seasoned
-Not affected by wind (this one is a biggie to me!)

I also have both a Camp Chef and Blackstone. The Camp Chef is my preference as well. Probably giving the Blackstone to a friend.

My BS is the 36 4 burner and the CS is the tabletop Versa x 2 burner. It's bigger than a BS 2 burner, and can be easily moved into the garage for winter cooking. I find the size to be sufficient with the added bonus of portability/easier cleanup.

I too prefer the Camp Chef, I had the Blackstone and gave it to a family member.

I have the Camp Chef Denali 3 burner, I like it because it's portable, has modular options for other uses; IE - Deep Frying, Dutch Oven, Pizza Oven, and multiple sized griddle tops for different cooks. Keep in mind that the Denali isn't overly sturdy because it folds up for portability when camping. It also folds up for easy storage in the shed when not in use.

Everyone has a different need, so look at what you need and not necessarily what someone else has.

As far as your drain on the blackstone, I took a short piece of stainless tubing and fitted it, I then used nickel welding wire to bond to the existing drain. You can then run tubing to where you would like to drain / collect the grease in a clean / safe manner.

I purchased a Royal Gourmet 3 burner, porcelain coated griddle from Home Depot last month. I've used it like 4 times so far. Easy to clean, heavy griddle material. Tabletop style. Learning the heating areas which makes it easier for cooking. We really like it. 109$ plus tax.
If I was to go larger next year, I'd consider the new LOCO griddle. Thermostatic heat control, non stick surface and it looks great.And the company is great

I purchased a Royal Gourmet 3 burner, porcelain coated griddle from Home Depot last month. I've used it like 4 times so far. Easy to clean, heavy griddle material. Tabletop style. Learning the heating areas which makes it easier for cooking. We really like it. 109$ plus tax.
If I was to go larger next year, I'd consider the new LOCO griddle. Thermostatic heat control, non stick surface and it looks great.And the company is great

Check out a Loco Griddle

I hadn’t heard of Loco. Looking at the pictures I don’t see a grease drain at all. Am I missing it?

I have the 36" Loco Griddle. Love it! Have not owned any other brands so I don't have any comparison. The grease drain hole is on the front left and the catch is on the left side. I like the "smart temp" so I don't have to use a temp gauge to know what temp my griddle is.

I had the 36 front drain. I rarely ever used it due to all the issues ( including the mess it caused)

I eventually sold it and got the newer 22" with hood and folding stand. Not only is it easier to clean, but it seems to have better control and heat distribution. I always had a hard time controlling zones with the 36".

I own the 5 burner Pit Boss, not the new non-stick stuff. Had it for 3 years now. Love it, much better built than BS. Even cooking, lots of room, grease tray on the side, very convenient and easy to clean. And the side shelves fold over griddle to make a nice cover. Worth your consideration. Best of luck!

I have a blackstone Pro 36" with a stupid floppy handle for the lid (manufacturer issue, and cannot find resolution). Griddles great though....and I also have a blackstone tailgater two burner grill griddle combo. I use that solely for camping now and I do like it. However, my camp size grew by 1 so it may be time for a 3 burner system. I am pissed off enough at the handle thing that I'd look in to other brands in the future.

I have the 28” Blackstone 3 burner.
Has rear drain, built-in cover and cooks fantastically.
Make sure to get the 4 burner and a lid though

Last edited:
I have a old commercial crestware. The griddle is so ridiculously seasoned it's never known rust. In the winter it usually supports 4' of snow...bare. I'm thinking of gifting it ta my brother as he has a covered porch and would likely get more use out of it. Gifting....because it's got the same stupid Front trough as the original BS, and I don't mind the idea of him being flustered.

-D

I had the 28 inch BS, front raill drain. sold it to a buddy and got the 36 inch, drain in back. absolutely love it. Also have the Char Griller 17 inch protable griddle, very same in comparison. I read that Char Griller is #2 in griddles behind BS

I had a 28in Blackstone for years and liked it but it became to small went shopping for a new one settled on Member's Mark Pro-Series 5-Burner Gas Griddle the drain is in the front but drains into a drawer and for some reason they took 100.00 off if you get it delivered so it costs 300.00 instead of 400.00

I had a 28in Blackstone for years and liked it but it became to small went shopping for a new one settled on Member's Mark Pro-Series 5-Burner Gas Griddle the drain is in the front but drains into a drawer and for some reason they took 100.00 off if you get it delivered so it costs 300.00 instead of 400.00

Before i sold my 36" and got a 22" i was looking at the 28", but passed on it because just like the 22" it only has two burners. It should have 3 for better heat distribution.

They have a 28” BS with 3 burners, I have one.

Must be a limited edition.
Here's their 28" directly from their website.
1853_b0b4b702-ed43-4ced-9521-677a6a622a5c_1024x1024.jpg

https://blackstoneproducts.com/coll...dle-cooking-station-with-accessory-side-shelf

^^^ That’s the one I have and I have no issue with it for 1-8 people.
I do wish they’d thought of some wind protection, but I can fix that.

Back