THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yeah, I guess if folks don't understand how to cook with TBE they might not like it.

Fellas said it worked good but just wasnt his "thing".

I guess some people aren't into fantastic poultry.

I dont use it much a few times a year on holiday birds and maybe another time or 2 just because. Even thought i dont use it much i still wouldnt give it up...its worth having for thanksgiving alone.

His loss was my gain

I dont use it much a few times a year on holiday birds and maybe another time or 2 just because. Even thought i dont use it much i still wouldnt give it up...its worth having for thanksgiving alone.

His loss was my gain

I'm with you on this. I only cook a couple times a year with the Big Easy and I would never give it up.

Fellas said it worked good but just wasnt his "thing".

I guess some people aren't into fantastic poultry.

His loss was my gain

Amen. I use mine about 3 times a year but they don't cost much and peanut oil is super expensive. Well worth having around for holidays! :thumb:

Just a bump/heads up that Lowes where I am had them on sale for $69 today only. It was difficult but I passed it up this time. I asked a girl there about them and she said it was only today, but they could have another sale after Christmas.

Just a bump/heads up that Lowes where I am had them on sale for $69 today only. It was difficult but I passed it up this time. I asked a girl there about them and she said it was only today, but they could have another sale after Christmas.

This is the time of year I bought mine. It was $75 back about 4 or 5 years ago.

Love the pic. of the old day's. Still doing it that way.
I have replaced the saying of common sense with younger guys today to ( He has Super Powers )

Good point and if it was not for the price of peanut oil these days I would still be deep frying too just for the sizzle of it. :tsk:

Last edited:
Exactly, especially when you are only doing 1 or 2 birds, its a task...

The chickens are good too on TBE. A smaller chicken takes longer to cook that a turkey at twice the weight. I've been told it's because of the muscle fiber density. Same when deep frying.

Also pan options for the Big Easy

I ordered pans and they arrived yesterday, I tried a fitting before I clean the dust off of "The Big Easy".

The 1/4 size 2" steam table pan fits perfectly....
2%20inch%20pan_zpstyscilpd.jpg

2%20inch%20pan%20a_zpscwx4qfij.jpg

I also found that a 1/3 size 4" deep pan will replace the pan holder altogether and give you a deeper pan.
4%20inch%20pan_zpsfl8qqmmk.jpg

And for those who like disposable pan options, they make 1/3 size 4" deep foil pans that will nest nicely inside the stainless steel 1/3 size steam table pan.

4%20inch%20pan%20b_zpskfp2tplz.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on this, I just picked up a couple of the steam pans this morning!
:thumb:

I'll 2nd best time to buy these are after holidays..That's when I got mine about 5yrs ago for $22 I believe. Hate to admit only used it twice though. I thought it was decent but not as good as fried in peanut oil.

I'll 2nd best time to buy these are after holidays..That's when I got mine about 5yrs ago for $22 I believe. Hate to admit only used it twice though. I thought it was decent but not as good as fried in peanut oil.

That's like using a CI frying pan twice or new grill twice. Got to seson it before it shines.

Speaking of seasoning, I'll be reseasoning my SS cooking chamber since the Wife did almost too good a job or washing it last time.

Hope to post pic's.

Ill be doing another big easy turkey for our family Christmas get together (which unfortunately for the first time ever will not be on Christmas).

It at my brothers new house. He said since im such a good cook he would "let me" cook the bird.

Little does he know i have a secret weapon. He also doesnt know that as a cook i have no clue what im doin. My skillz run out after warming up protein.

Ill be doing another big easy turkey for our family Christmas get together (which unfortunately for the first time ever will not be on Christmas).

It at my brothers new house. He said since im such a good cook he would "let me" cook the bird.

Little does he know i have a secret weapon. He also doesnt know that as a cook i have no clue what im doin. My skillz run out after warming up protein.

Dude. You have a Mighty Plan! Bro is real nice to "let" you cook. Little does he know the power of a combined Ninja and Brethren all rolled into one! :thumb:

I just saw this thread. I also actually just won a TBE in a local contest. I have a turkey fryer. No oil will be less mess and easier. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Very Cool and Congratulations on the win. One othe big plus is not having to buy the expensive peanut oil!

Please post some pics when you can. :thumb:

Back