Flippity, flip, flip or flip, flip?

Nine pages and you farkers have completely missed an entire method.

1) buy steaks to be cooked the next day
2) season as desired and vac seal
3)make sure the steaks are nice and flat in the vac bag. Place on flat surface in freezer.
4) next day, fire up the grill to searing hot
5) remove steaks from freezer
6) remove steaks from vac bag and place directly on the grill
7) sear first side to desired crust
8) flip
9) sear until desired internal temp, my preferred 120.

This thread is about flipping (or not).

Not the many ways (some of them valid) to cook a steak.

You’ll also notice the lack of microwave steak mentions as well as the lack of George Foreman grills.

Maybe we could start a new thread.

Better a late lunch than no lunch at all…

Found this nearly all cap! Slight coat of EVOO, and seasoned on the counter for a minimum of 1 hour…

Seasoned with what? Black Ops… It ain’t just fer brisket… It builds an amazing crust!

(

I’m on the edge of my seat.

Is he a Fleaker or not…..

Only time will tell

Time to do some experimenting of my own. I'm goin to use my PBJ, hang the steaks and see how good of a crust I can get with an nice rare inside.

These will be my research volunteers :-D Really good quality, marbled choice tomahawks. At $11.99/lb today it's a no brainer

It's for SCIENCE! :becky:

The only thing worse than a non-flipper is a rubber. Don't put rub on your meat ya'll, it just burns. Salt & Pepper only. Even then add the pepper towards the end.

Here we go…

Steak is ready…

So is Mable !

Steak is a go!

And flip ONCE!!! (Giv me break on the 11 seconds, I had to get me phone!)

The crust is crispy!!!

The inside is blue/rare!!!

It’s a good thang my crew is in Iowa or I’d be screaming at the kids “THIS IS A TEST!!!!” otherwise they would have eaten it before pics could have been taken :thumb:

The science is settled…. No fleaking….

Jeremy, that steak looks GREAT! No need to fleak a steak that thick at that temp, especially on an electric powered pellet machine with super-searing capabilities! Thanks for launching salvo #1 for the non-fleakers!

It's funny, though, we used almost the same exact phrase about the science being settled in two different threads exactly two minutes apart...:thumb:

huh.gif

more burnt rub

Do you have something to bring other than chit?

Jeremy, that steak looks GREAT! No need to fleak a steak that thick at that temp, especially on an electric powered pellet machine with super-searing capabilities! Thanks for launching salvo #1 for the non-fleakers!

It's funny, though, we used almost the same exact phrase about the science being settled in two different threads exactly two minutes apart...:thumb:

Great minds Richard, great minds…

Back