Some food I love

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I cook a Valentine’s steak dinner every year for the fam. Because it fell on Monday this year I decided to do it Saturday night. I picked up some filet mignon from a local meat shop.

Looks like they’re getting ready to stock their shelves full of Oakridge BBQ seasonings. I grabbed a bag of Crucible 2021. Nice to see they had some of the other varieties like Saigon 21 as well.

These’ll do. I love filets.

I stopped by the grocery store and saw they had bags of frozen “crab pieces” at $9.99/lb, which I thought was a pretty good deal considering what crab is selling for these days. Decided I would grab a bag and do a spin on “filet oscar”. I could identify some snow crab claws and legs, then some larger chunks which ended up being king crab pieces - even a better deal than I thought! I love crab.

I steamed the frozen pieces in the oven then pulled out the meat

Grilling the filets on my Primo kamado. I love the primo.

I steamed some asparagus tips and placed them and the crab on top of the filets, then smothered them in hollandaise sauce. Filet Oscar typically calls for bearnaise sauce but I didn’t have shallots and I can whip up hollandaise pretty easily in the blender. I love hollandaise sauce.

Served along some roasted garlic mashed potatoes, which kind of ended up looking like a poop emoji. A couple fingers of four roses bourbon to wash it all down. I love bourbon, and I loved this meal.

Thanks for lookin’ :thumb:

Last edited:
I love everything about this post. Awesome dinner and beats any restaurant meal.

12322-B62-1220-459-F-A1-BF-53-BBA78-AF8-F2.jpg

I love everything about this post. Awesome dinner and beats any restaurant meal.

12322-B62-1220-459-F-A1-BF-53-BBA78-AF8-F2.jpg

Thanks! I have a hard time ordering steak when I go out, unless it’s a particularly swanky place, because I generally like my steaks better than what most places serve. There are lots of other things that I’m not so great at cooking I order instead :becky:

Back