THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I found a decent ribeye, at lunch tomorrow, I would ll prove the fleakers wrong…

(that is the post…)

I will move it to get the grill marks but beyond that it’s more a one flip and done approach. That said, it’s not because I think it’s better, it’s basically laziness. I actually think flipping more is the better approach.

Why are half of ya'll still obsessed with grill marks like it's 1996 and we're all at Outback?

Has little or nothing to do with grill marks. Most of my grills don’t even make good grill marks.

It’s about the quality of the meat post-cook.

Fleakers say flipping makes for a (and I quote) “transcendent steak”

Non-Fleakers hold the position that for the labor involved, you get a better quality/time invested ratio (QTR) with minimal flips

Has little or nothing to do with grill marks. Most of my grills don’t even make good grill marks.

It’s about the quality of the meat post-cook.

Fleakers say flipping makes for a (and I quote) “transcendent steak”

Non-Fleakers hold the position that for the labor involved, you get a better quality/time invested ratio (QTR) with minimal flips

John, thanks for helping get this thread back on topic! I agree about the grillmarks as well.

I also really like the phrase "transcendent steak", that's a good one! Whoever said that must really be onto something...:idea:

Lots of farkers letting their fleak flag fly.

Hmmm. Thinking fleak flag fries would be a good name for a side dish.

Glad to see this thread keeps going and more folks posting pictures of steaks however they were cooked.

Glad to see this thread keeps going and more folks posting pictures of steaks however they were cooked.

It IS pride month after all.

If someone doesn’t make Fleak Flag Fries as a steak side dish, I am going to be very disappointed.

(Where’s Gore when you need him??)

New special! Fleak flag fries: a half pound of hand cut fries, twice fried, then smothered in a cheese and steak sauce!

That will be going on the menu (of the mythical restaurant that I will never actually open, but will dream about).

Bruce

New special! Fleak flag fries: a half pound of hand cut fries, twice fried, then smothered in a cheese and steak sauce!

That will be going on the menu (of the mythical restaurant that I will never actually open, but will dream about).

Bruce

That sounds impossibly transcendent! :clap2:

(Where’s Gore when you need him??)

This would be a great time for him to resurrect the beloved "Cooking With The Master" series!

In the meantime, I'm getting close to finishing my write-up that documents all the science as to why fleaking is the best and only way to cook steaks, so the matter will soon be put to rest and we can all live happily ever after. :thumb:

This would be a great time for him to resurrect the beloved "Cooking With The Master" series!

In the meantime, I'm getting close to finishing my write-up that documents all the science as to why fleaking is the best and only way to cook steaks, so the matter will soon be put to rest and we can all live happily ever after. :thumb:

No one said there was going to be science involved. Hope their ain’t a test.
Tsk…

Last edited:
iu

Nine pages and you farkers have completely missed an entire method.

1) buy steaks to be cooked the next day
2) season as desired and vac seal
3)make sure the steaks are nice and flat in the vac bag. Place on flat surface in freezer.
4) next day, fire up the grill to searing hot
5) remove steaks from freezer
6) remove steaks from vac bag and place directly on the grill
7) sear first side to desired crust
8) flip
9) sear until desired internal temp, my preferred 120.

Better a late lunch than no lunch at all…

Found this nearly all cap! Slight coat of EVOO, and seasoned on the counter for a minimum of 1 hour…

Seasoned with what? Black Ops… It ain’t just fer brisket… It builds an amazing crust!

(

So I guess the topic of this thread has changed from the merits of flipping steaks often vs not, to how to cook the best looking steak using any method? :confused:

I'm having a hard time keeping up here!

:mrgreen:

Back