THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Once you go Mac, you'll never go back!

:becky:

Meh...windows for the win.:boxing: If you get a virus i find in most cases you did something unsafe on said pc. Lots of guys I work with don't even use Antivirus and never get a virus.

That's my point. If you're a fan boy you won't give an honest evaluation. People that give an honest approach are the ones I think need to speak. Both good, and bad on an item. Two way street on every issue, and I don't like one way being told.

Well my point was technically that many people in general don't understand what an objective review is whether a "fan boy" or not. Not everyone that can't properly review or give good feedback is a "fan boy". You seem fixed in that term and it doesn't encapsulate all types of crappy reviewers.

Also people that don't admit a products faults also might not be a fan boy. They might just not want to admit something they purchased has a flaw to seem like they made a bad choice.

LOL at many of the answers.

I just find many people won't be honest about the bad side of their smokers. In other words even when there is proof they still act like nothing is wrong. Wouldn't it be better for all of us if people were just honest about things?

I gave an opinion on a certain brand of Pellet smokers that are known to have major issues, and said just do your homework then a bunch of them acted like nothing has ever been wrong.

I just said do a google search, and tell me there isn't issues. I just stopped because you will never get the truth. IMO people that spend a ton of money won't admit they bought a POS or maybe that is too harsh, a smoker with known flaws.

I just felt it is wrong to spend other peoples money, and not point out both sides.

Everyone likes their own brand......take farts for example :yo:

I can see that, but why not say I took a chance, and I'm happy, but I will say some haven't been. Instead of saying there are no issues? Buy it you won't be sorry. Well lots of people have been sorry so why not say that?
Since I don't know the cooker you are referencing, and there are several large pellet cooker companies out there, I can't say for sure. If I had bought a cooker, and there was a problem, I think I would be pretty clear what it was. However, I have also really alienated some folks with my reviews. So, I might not be a fan boy.

Well my point was technically that many people in general don't understand what an objective review is whether a "fan boy" or not. Not everyone that can't properly review or give good feedback is a "fan boy". You seem fixed in that term and it doesn't encapsulate all types of crappy reviewers.

Also people that don't admit a products faults also might not be a fan boy. They might just not want to admit something they purchased has a flaw to seem like they made a bad choice.

It's about giving false impressions of something. Say you got smoker A, and you had to replace 6 items even if under warranty yet you state it has been great.

Why not say well I have had to replace 6 items, but I think IMO its still pretty good. Some may not care if its had issues others will say I better look at this again.

Why would you lead someone else to issues because of self pride?

Why put people through that? Just be honest about it so people can judge for themselves.

How funny Ron! I switched over to Apple years ago but ordered a Windows 10 machine that will arrive tomorrow. Keeping my Mac's but letting the "enemy" in the door. I can't wait for my first Windows 10 virus! Ha Ha!

Ron has a Surface 3 Pro, don't let him fool you

Edit: I stumbled out of Woodpile,,, and found Woodpile

Since I don't know the cooker you are referencing, and there are several large pellet cooker companies out there, I can't say for sure. If I had bought a cooker, and there was a problem, I think I would be pretty clear what it was. However, I have also really alienated some folks with my reviews. So, I might not be a fan boy.

It wasn't here. The cooker is Y***r Pellet. I know many people like them, and that's not what its about. It was about telling people what to look out for. Not say what problems?

Trust me people aren't being truthful. I don't like the fact they are misguiding people like they have not had issues, and ticked me off. They asked me to name the issues, and I just told the person just google it, and you will get the info needed.

Some people aren't made of money, and don't have much knowledge on things so I think being straight forward is the best road to take.

from experience i have had a couple of brethren go the PM route when they want to inform me of an issue with a builder/cooker. i can see not wanting to be the only guy saying a cooker has issues but for the most part around here we look out for each other first. i have one of those cookers that when i did my initial review it was a good cooker and the builder was good. as time went by the builder started to get flaky and not telling customers the truth. those of us that had the cookers could only tell everyone our experiences but those that had issues with the builder were quick to get the word out. i don't recall any of us owners attacking the guys that reported issues.

It wasn't here. The cooker is Y***r Pellet. I know many people like them, and that's not what its about. It was about telling people what to look out for. Not say what problems?

Trust me people aren't being truthful. I don't like the fact they are misguiding people like they have not had issues, and ticked me off. They asked me to name the issues, and I just told the person just google it, and you will get the info needed.

Some people aren't made of money, and don't have much knowledge on things so I think being straight forward is the best road to take.

There no problem in typing Yoder :-D

If someone posted here a caution about Yoder or any cooker and then told folks to "just google" the issues, I think folks here would be suspicious, too. Why not just tell folks what your issues were (maybe you did that, but I'm not going to search it out). We welcome opinions on cookers, good or bad, as long as they are presented in a professional manner (not flaming), and are factual. Sure, you will get folks who haven't seen the same issues, but that is their opinion, too.

What landarc said. My issue with said fanboys comes in when they start trashing other cookers! There's more than one way to skin a cat and there's for dang sure more than one way to smoke a pork butt!

You smoke your way and I'll smoke mine and then we'll sit down and eat...

I don't know about all this alleged "issue" stuff.

Things that are an "issue" to some is trivia to others.

I am shopping for a new water heater.
Checking the reviews and feedback, one WhirlPool was given a 2 of 5 star rating because "it is not attractive".
I guess that is an "issue" to some. Not to me cause I keep that door closed. 8)

And BTW I am a FanBoy of Meatloaf--both the meal and the rock star. 8)

And it's not even the dead of winter yet. :drama:

TIM

I thought the Fan Boy gig was coming out of the closet and such but now that we have a water heater thread, I can help! Gas or Electric? If gas, how many BTU's / Gallons? 40? 50? Just let me know. Depending on the square footage of your home, how many occupants and how long you plan on inhabiting the dwelling, you too can get the perfectly sized water heater for your specific need. :thumb:

Up front, I will say that I didn't read all the replies on this thread.
I could tell by his original post that this guy is a troll and trying to stir people up.
Go to another site please, or learn how to ask an honest question.
We don't entertain this stuff here.

I thought the Fan Boy gig was coming out of the closet and such but now that we have a water heater thread, I can help! Gas or Electric? If gas, how many BTU's / Gallons? 40? 50? Just let me know. Depending on the square footage of your home, how many occupants and how long you plan on inhabiting the dwelling, you too can get the perfectly sized water heater for your specific need. :thumb:

^^^I might be a Noritz fanboy. But we should have done the circulation pump.

I could tell by his original post that this guy is a troll and trying to stir people up.

Darn! My Bad. I entertained a troll. Should have seen it coming. Been in the WP too long I reckon.

Kinda like Fairies wearing boots. :tsk:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjWHotHHxc8"]Black Sabbath - Fairies Wear Boots - YouTube[/ame]

There no problem in typing Yoder :-D

If someone posted here a caution about Yoder or any cooker and then told folks to "just google" the issues, I think folks here would be suspicious, too. Why not just tell folks what your issues were (maybe you did that, but I'm not going to search it out). We welcome opinions on cookers, good or bad, as long as they are presented in a professional manner (not flaming), and are factual. Sure, you will get folks who haven't seen the same issues, but that is their opinion, too.

Its hard to explain , and no there have been far too many issues it could have been in that time frame. Updates in both product, firmware etc etc. How many other smokers do you list a build date for when you start talking about it?

I just said it would be easier to look the data up then have me list everything it could be. Then the buyer could make his own call. I wasn't trying to sway him either way.

The issue I had was people saying there was no problems. To a new guy that is looking for advise I find that pretty underhanded to do. That is not give him both the good, and bad sides of what he was asking about.

I started looking at pellets for about a year went to stick burners, and now I have ended up looking at cabinets. I have about 10 to 13 I'm looking at, and now Shirley Fab will also be making them in 16. So I'm in a holding pattern for now.

Don't quit your day job unless you are a detective. Because you are dead wrong.

Back