THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Someone is definitely trying to stir the pot! I'm sure many are just playing but for those that don't know a fan boy is someone who is attached to a brand. Ford vs Chevy, Apple vs Android vs Microsoft, Lang vs Shirley, Weber vs Big Green Egg...

Once you go Mac, you'll never go back!

:becky:

Either the OP really threw something in from left field with the Fan Boys reference or we are all really old and did not get it. I think I know the answer. :cry:

Keep in mind "Burnt To A T" that people are loyal to, and pay a lot of money for their smokers. Criticism should be fact based. Nobody wants to be told the $$$ they invested in a smoker is wasted and their stuff sucks. I would also go as far to say that most of the deficiencies with any smoker out there have been addressed here and most likely a solution has been found. We are a pretty ingenious group of people. Just take a look at the UDS thread.

Also, the culture here is VERY non-confrontational. The moderators run a pretty tight ship. Once again if you have facts to back up your opinions we are all ears.

You can meet some great people here, and you might learn a thing or two.

Also - and I have no idea what the case is here - people tend to take criticism of a product based on first hand experience and knowledge much more seriously than criticism of a product that's based on stuff that's read on the internet. I have no idea if this is what's happening in the situation in question or not, but figured I'd throw it out there.

Is this the part where we start talking about PBC's? :noidea:

I am confused, isn't this the Goatsnake fan club?

Goatsnake.jpg

Someone is definitely trying to stir the pot! I'm sure many are just playing but for those that don't know a fan boy is someone who is attached to a brand. Ford vs Chevy, Apple vs Android vs Microsoft, Lang vs Shirley, Weber vs Big Green Egg...

I think you will find your answer quickly by reading some of the threads. There are many people who are loyal to brands or styles. Will they go so far as to cover up bad things out of loyalty, I don't think so. This is a pretty good group of people you are mixing with here so if you want honest opinions you came to the right place.

You hit the nail on the head, and yes these owners are not being honest. Its not on this site, but another. They are saying they have never had trouble so I said that is great for you, but many people are.

They just won't admit there are issues. IMO you should include both sides. Funny part is I went to the owners section of this smoker, and it has all kinds of people wanting fixes etc etc. , and few of them are posting there taht are saying how great they are with no issues. LOL

Once you go Mac, you'll never go back!

:becky:

How funny Ron! I switched over to Apple years ago but ordered a Windows 10 machine that will arrive tomorrow. Keeping my Mac's but letting the "enemy" in the door. I can't wait for my first Windows 10 virus! Ha Ha!

Also - and I have no idea what the case is here - people tend to take criticism of a product based on first hand experience and knowledge much more seriously than criticism of a product that's based on stuff that's read on the internet. I have no idea if this is what's happening in the situation in question or not, but figured I'd throw it out there.

Is this the part where we start talking about PBC's? :noidea:

It was actually a guy asking for input that was looking at buying a certain brand used pellet smoker. I just said to be careful because there have been known issues, and why this brand people have to include a build date. IMO if you know there are issues I would inform the guy looking at this brand that there have been issues look them up or mention them vs saying I have had no issues. Then one points out they are the lucky ones then they got bent. There is one guy that gave his away that states what I have, and the guy that got it free is one that claims they are great. Trust me if you don't get support from the co, and give away a 2K smoker that isn't good.

I don't know about all this alleged "issue" stuff.

Things that are an "issue" to some is trivia to others.

I am shopping for a new water heater.
Checking the reviews and feedback, one WhirlPool was given a 2 of 5 star rating because "it is not attractive".
I guess that is an "issue" to some. Not to me cause I keep that door closed. 8)

And BTW I am a FanBoy of Meatloaf--both the meal and the rock star. 8)

And it's not even the dead of winter yet. :drama:

TIM

I don't know about all this alleged "issue" stuff.

Things that are an "issue" to some is trivia to others.

I am shopping for a new water heater.
Checking the reviews and feedback, one WhirlPool was given a 2 of 5 star rating because "it is not attractive".
I guess that is an "issue" to some. Not to me cause I keep that door closed. 8)

And BTW I am a FanBoy of Meatloaf--both the meal and the rock star. 8)

And it's not even the dead of winter yet. :drama:

TIM

Agree that people don't know how to objectively give reviews of products around the facts. Food review sites (yelp, trip advisor) for example are hard to filter out the noise of people saying "horrible service and food was garbage". That really doesn't give much objective detail. Exactly like your example.

Kapn,

I happen to be an expert in water heaters, and would be happy to help, but before I make any recommendations

let me sleep on it
baby baby let me sleep on it
let me sleep on it
and I'll give you an answer in the morning

rock-on-smiley-emoticon.gif

(ok, not an expert in anything, but it was the only way I could think to crowbar lyrics into my response)

Agree that people don't know how to objectively give reviews of products around the facts. Food review sites (yelp, trip advisor) for example are hard to filter out the noise of people saying "horrible service and food was garbage". That really doesn't give much objective detail. Exactly like your example.

That's my point. If you're a fan boy you won't give an honest evaluation. People that give an honest approach are the ones I think need to speak. Both good, and bad on an item. Two way street on every issue, and I don't like one way being told.

Folks often get blinded by the fact that they have purchased a certain cooker, or any other device, and if it works for them, they become attached to it. I think, as Tim said above, there are also varying amounts of tolerance people will have for a given amount of problems.

Folks often get blinded by the fact that they have purchased a certain cooker, or any other device, and if it works for them, they become attached to it. I think, as Tim said above, there are also varying amounts of tolerance people will have for a given amount of problems.

I can see that, but why not say I took a chance, and I'm happy, but I will say some haven't been. Instead of saying there are no issues? Buy it you won't be sorry. Well lots of people have been sorry so why not say that?

Back