THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's official we all have no real lives! Just saying.
64516482.jpg

Wow This ended up clear over hear. I am amazed we really must have struck a cord. I was one of many that were involved over at the other forum. Burnt to a T. I am no fan boy, I am pretty much sure that I don't know even the names of most smoker on the market. I just like to make good BBQ. You kept telling many of us that there was no way that we did not not have problems with our Yoders 640's. Then it became well you are lucky you don't have problems. I was just giving the (buyer) some first hand feedback/experience on the units. Its just amazing to me someone would waste that much time on something they have never owned, used, or possibly ever seen in person. I really not sure why you have such a hard on for Yoder but it really does not make much sense. You are being obsessive about it. Let it go life is to short to be upset all the time. Now I will go sip on some high quality Kentucky Bourbon. I won't mention any brands as I don't want to start a fight.:-Dhttp://www.bbq-brethren.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

WOW did you Fhark that one up. Next

Not sure which part is false, but good luck on your smoker search. I assume you have ruled out Yoder by now.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220149

First Hello to the board from a total newb..

Has anyone used one, and if so how did you like it vs a charcoal fed unit? I'm trying to narrow down my search base.

I've been looking at many different types of smokers from pellet to RF to vert off set you name it. This will be my first smoker so I'm new to it all, and trying to take in as much info as possible. The reason I named the Humphrey is because there isn't much info that I have found as far as the pellet base.

I have a wide list of different smokers, and I'm narrowing it down then I will make my call. I think stick burners are out at this point. I was looking at pellet, but also at a few other options. I don't need a total set it, and forget it, but I don't have enough time day to day to stay around a smoker all day long. That's just me, and that's what floats my boat.

I will be cooking for 10 or less people most of the time, but from time to time will have a larger group of people 25-50 so I need to be able to do both, but not have huge expense when I fire it up for smaller groups.

I know this is subjective like a Chevy vs Ford debate, but could people name 3 or 4 of each smoker other than pure wood smokers they would get. I'm looking at charcoal/wood mix and pellet. looking to spend at most $2500, but would rather keep it less than 2K if possible.

For Pellet I narrowed it down to the Yoder YS640, and the Blazin Grid Iron in the second group I have looked at I have Lone Star Assassin, and Humphrey. Let me know what you can give me for info.

By the way I'm looking for low, and slow, and won't be doing comp cooks. Most cooks will be ribs, chicken, butts brisket, and such at first until I get my feet wet.

Not sure which part is false, but good luck on your smoker search. I assume you have ruled out Yoder by now.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220149

Actually I haven't ruled out anything yet, but I'm pretty sure I don't want a pellet. I was looking into Humphrey's, but I think for the price jump I would just get a charcoal/wood RF from them. $500 more is not worth it IMO. I think there are more pluses that way then with pellet. I looked at pretty much every pellet smoker, but too much issues with them, and they just have too many moving parts, and no place to buy pellets local, and they need power to run. I will take a bit more mess. I also have been talking with Shirley Fab first about a patio model. I just felt it was more than I wanted, but just asked a few days ago, and they will be doing verts here in 16. So I have to see what they are about. I'm in no hurry.

Not my first, but my first in 20+ years. Easier to say it will be my first. My last one was a hand me down 4 times over?? have no idea what it was other than an old POS offset that I should have never taken. Not that offsets are bad this was just truly a POS. I never got the hang of it.

Nice detective work though you must have a coal in the fire?

This thread is wearing me out.

OP is in search of his first smoker. OP made statements critical of Yoder on a pellet smoking forum and came across as an internet know-it-all. OP comes here to tell us about it.

How has this thread made it to 7 pages? :confused:

Change your view to view more posts per page and the thread gets shorter.

:heh: :wink:

"Live to fight another day" would probably be the best advice anyone could give to the OP at this point. Saving face won't do any good. No sarcastic or rude tone of voice here, either, just honest advice.

Back