THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B

bbqdoc

Hi,

I just received my CyberQ Wifi and it works perfectly in adhoc mode. When configured for infrastructure on my local network it gets assigned a IP address on the network and all fields (subnet, gateway, DNS, Encription, etc) are properly loaded by the DHCP server. Despite this, for some reason the device cannot be seen on the router LAN group and its IP address cannot be pinged. Obviously, the browser cannot log into the menu since the device is not seen on the LAN.

I've even tried assigning the CyberQ a reserved/fixed IP from the router (outside the DHCP IP range as required)using the CyberQ's MAC and it finds the device again and assigns it the defined static IP but it still cannot be seen from the browser or by ping or in the routers LAN group.

I am pretty confident that I've done everything correctly and I am relatively computer savvy. Has anyone had similar problems and can anyone offer some suggestions? I am using a Netgear Prosafe Wireless-N VPN Firewall Router SRXN3208 (firmware is current 3.0.7-24). I am also using WPA2 with Passphrase for encryption.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you confirmed that your computer is using the same subnet and gateway as the one assigned to the cyberQ? Would be strange if it wasn't, but might as well check. Also, be sure the static you are assigning it is in fact on the same subnet as everything else. If you set a reservation, even within the DHCP range, it should avoid assigning that IP and you should still be fine - just use the higher end of the range.

When using the infrastructure mode the subnet and gateway are assigned by the DHCP server and therefore will be different then the one on the CyberQ by default. Once the DHCP server see the device and assigns it an IP it will also be assigned all the other settings required. I have confirmed that everything is correct. The static IP is being assigned by the router based upon the MAC address of th CyberQ. To me that suggests that it sees the device long enough to have the DHCP server functions of the router assign it the defined IP address. The manual for the router specifically states that it should be an IP outside the DHCP range which is why I used the IP address I did. Initially I tried a static within the DHCP defined range and it assigned that IP too. Regardless of the IP assignment, dynamic, static within the range or static outside the range, the CyberQ does not show up in the LAN group and cannot be pinged. Any further help anyone may have would be great.

Here is some additional information on the router settings. Gateway is 192.168.13.1 . Subnet is 255.255.255.0 Encryption is WPA2 with passphrase

Thanks

Geat link but it didn't resolve my issues. I actually had done all of that and still have the problems described. It just doesn't make sense to me that my router would assign the reserved IP, the DNS, Subnet, Gateway, and everything needed and then still not have the device show up in the LAN Group. Very strange. Any other thoughts out there?:mmph:

Geat link but it didn't resolve my issues. I actually had done all of that and still have the problems described. It just doesn't make sense to me that my router would assign the reserved IP, the DNS, Subnet, Gateway, and everything needed and then still not have the device show up in the LAN Group. Very strange. Any other thoughts out there?:mmph:

I had the same exact issues. Got an IP and DNS and GW looked fine. No ping. Put an older AP on the network just for the CyberQ Wifi and it worked. Used a different SSID so the Guru unit wouldn't try to connect to the router anymore. Works fine with the older AP. look for previous threads on this from last month. I'm traveling, so please excuse my brevity. BBQ Guru wasn't any help.

Back