THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EggHeadGreg

Found some matches.
I found out today that my past 2 weeks of trying to connect online to my cyberq have been futile because my internet provider is blocking port 80. I saw mention of no-ip dot com so i tried that. It is not a work around for a blocked port. Has anyone had any luck changing the port on the cyberq? I attempted 8008 last night but could not get it to work. I'm going to try 8080 when i get home from work. I don't think my suddenlink modem is a router. I looked at it and there is no wps button on it. I use a d-link dir-655 router. I've never done port forwarding before this but i have read the guides and i think i am doing that right. There are pictures of a netgear router in the help thread so i ordered one of them but that will come monday. I should be able to make this work changing the port. I'd love to hear from someone that has done this . Thanks Greg from Vanceboro NC.

I am not aware of a way to do that. I have two Cyber Q's and the second one has 3.1 firmware and is night and day easier to get to work. I would email BBQGuru at [email protected] and they can assist if there is a way to do - they are great to work with.

Port forwarding is your answer - if you forward port 8080 to your CyberQ (port 80) it should work fine.. You want to set your CyberQ to a fixed IP address (not DHCP) otherwise the router will never know which IP to forward too...
There is usually a place in the router you can set a fixed IP address so that DHCP doesn't hand it out.. ex. My CyberQ is at 192.168.1.119...

Then connect to your internet IP:8080 and it should work. Each router is different in how it does port forwarding (and confusing)
But that is how its done.
hth

Port forwarding is your answer - if you forward port 8080 to your CyberQ (port 80) it should work fine.. You want to set your CyberQ to a fixed IP address (not DHCP) otherwise the router will never know which IP to forward too...
There is usually a place in the router you can set a fixed IP address so that DHCP doesn't hand it out.. ex. My CyberQ is at 192.168.1.119...

Then connect to your internet IP:8080 and it should work. Each router is different in how it does port forwarding (and confusing)
hth

Sounds like my fix! Thanks I must of commented a bit ago at the same time and missed this.

hth

Yep 8080 worked for me. I went over all my settings and double checked everything. It didn't work the first time but I did notice in port forwarding where I filled everything in there is a box beside it I had not checked. I checked it and saved everything and rebooted the router. It came right up on my phone after that. Many thanks for responding. I'm a lineman and a lot of times I get called out and may be gone for 2-4 hours at the time. It will be great knowing I can still control my egg while not at home.

Just keep in mind that if you set up PF of the CyberQ's IP address that anyone can now access and view/change your CyberQ settings.:shock:

Back