THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GLOCKer

Knows what a fatty is.
I am excited! I got a CyberQ for Christmas/my birthday from my in-laws! I've been playing around with it and it is pretty cool, but I'm having trouble accessing it from my phone remotely.

So far this is what I've done:
-I've set the CyberQ to Infrastructure mode and ascertained it's IP address: 10.0.0.120 (I can log into the CyberQ dashboard from my laptop connected to the home network)
-I set my Xfinity router channel selection to manual and the channel to 6
-I've configured the router to reserve the IP for the CyberQ by deselecting "DHCP" and selecting "Reserve IP"

-I've done the port forwarding thing;
  • Common Service- HTTP
  • Service type- TCP/UDP
  • Server IPv4 Address- 10.0.0.120
  • Server IPv6 Address- (Left these spaces blank)
  • Start Port- 80
  • End Port- 80
-I've disconnect my phone from the home network and then entered my IP address into the browser: 2601:c2:c000:86f2:447d:2955: xxxx: xxx
All it loads is Google search results for F86 fighter planes (cool because my Grandfather flew Sabers, but not cool because I want to see my CyberQ dashboard! LOL)

I'm trying not to get frustrated but it's starting to happen because I have a couple (4 actually) of hours in this without results. Does anybody here with network know-how have any advice for me? Please go easy because I'm not all that tech savvy and I'm muddling my way through this.
Thank you and Happy Holidays!!!!

Sounds like you've got the stuff on your network setup properly. The IP address you've trying to get to is an IPv6 address that belongs to Comcast, so that sounds reasonably correct. Try this site from your phone and your laptop. You may need to try to access your house via your IPv4 address. http://test-ipv6-ct.comcast.net/

Sounds like you've got the stuff on your network setup properly. The IP address you've trying to get to is an IPv6 address that belongs to Comcast, so that sounds reasonably correct. Try this site from your phone and your laptop. You may need to try to access your house via your IPv4 address. http://test-ipv6-ct.comcast.net/

So in trying to log in with an IPv6 address and I need to try to log in with an IPv4 address? How do I find out my IPv4 address?

Thanks again!
15675766_10158160402750107_2337828884248691830_o.jpg

Following as I still need to get mine on the internet. Need it for this upcoming weekend. Glad I have this week off.

Sorry, busy with the holidays and my other issues. I am going to try to work with it again tonight and I'll post my details. I am computer lit, but not so much when it comes to ports, etc.

Sorry, busy with the holidays and my other issues. I am going to try to work with it again tonight and I'll post my details. I am computer lit, but not so much when it comes to ports, etc.

I know enough to break stuff worse. :D In this case I got lucky and figured it out before I screwed anything up. LOL

Got it! I downloaded a new version of the User's Manual, went through the steps again, still didn't work. Then I read the next paragraph that discusses "if you have DSL" or "multiple routers". I meet both of those criteria. I ended up opening a port on my DSL router also, and I was in.

f675e490-9b9a-427d-83f8-7f138be463ad_zpshwpgrzsg.png

Thanks for the help, or at least reminding me that I was being lazy and not figuring it out...

Cool man. I can't wait to use mine. I'm trying to decide between a low and slow on Prime Rib, Pork shoulder, or chicken.

I just set mine up two days ago after reading your thread. I ran into issues with the port forwarding. I struggled finding where that was in the router menu. I eventually figured it all out.

Yeah, I have two briskets and some ribs to cook (so far) this weekend for New Years. This will definitely come in handy as I will be in and out while they are on. I also set up the email feature to notify me if anything is out of bounds.

Yeah, I have two briskets and some ribs to cook (so far) this weekend for New Years. This will definitely come in handy as I will be in and out while they are on. I also set up the email feature to notify me if anything is out of bounds.

You can also set it up through the email function to send your phone text messages; that's what I plan on doing.

Per the BBQ Guru website:
(cell#)@vtext.com (Verizon)
(cell#)@txt.att.net (AT&T)
(cell#)@tmomail.net (T-Mobile)
(cell#)@messaging.sprintpcs.com (Sprint)

So, I used this for my recent brisket cook and it worked great when I was out and about. But, when I was home, I had to disable the Wi-Fi on my iPhone or the page wouldn't load. Does that make sense?

Also, Glocker, what software is that that you are using?

So, I used this for my recent brisket cook and it worked great when I was out and about. But, when I was home, I had to disable the Wi-Fi on my iPhone or the page wouldn't load. Does that make sense?

Also, Glocker, what software is that that you are using?

Same thing here. I was frustrated momentarily because my phone was connected to the wifi but wouldn't connect to the CyberQ My laptop was connect though!

So the laptop was connected to the internal IP of the CyberQ because it was on the wifi. The phone had the IP to connect to from OUTSIDE the network, thus wouldn't connect from on the network.

I ran PitPal this weekend (available for both Android and iOS) and it was awesome. I'll attach some screen shots below.

There is another app out for iOS only that I learned of this past Saturday but I can't use it because all I have is an Android phone; CyberCook.

Temp Graph:
15844716_10158228483965107_5322066185054763162_o.jpg

Cook Info:
15896214_10158228484120107_2761038390304441270_o.jpg

Thanks for the info. Glad it wasn't something I screwed up.

Yeah, I saw those images in your butt thread. Thanks for the info. I'll check them out...

Back