THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good lookin' eats right there, Cowgirl! I have finally figured out how to NOT drool all over my keyboard - before opening any posts by you, I tie a big ol' bib around my neck :biggrin:. Those keyboards were getting kinda pricey if ya know what I mean :rolleyes:.

Great looking Chops and fried green maters, Cowgirl! Quick question...how long do you rinse the chops, after the brine?

Max, I just held these under the faucet and rinsed the grainy cure off. It took just a few minutes.

Thanks for the kind words folks and thanks for checking out my chops. :wink:

lol Dave, I like the bib idea....should be required before reading this whole fourm! :biggrin:

great looking chops, i gonna get fat reading all these posts...lol

and you say mine looked better?

i would beg to differ.

:biggrin:

Wow! :p Nice job Patty! Where did you find green tomatoes in February? :lol::lol::lol: That's the perfect Southern dish...IMHO! :biggrin:

Thanks folks!! You're definately too kind!

JD, I slice and can green tomatoes at the end of the growing season... then just drain, roll in seasoned flour and panko and fry til crispy. :)

101_9895-1.jpg

101_9898-1.jpg

101_9900-1-1.jpg

3 Hour Cure?

Great looking stuff Cowgirl!

I'm curious about the cure. I assume it was dry? What was the goal? Why dry as opposed to a brine, and why tenderquick instead of regular salt?

Thanks,

JimT

Back