THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'd take the backstrap cut it into medallions soak it in buttermilk (over night if possible) then dredge it in Bass Pro original fish breading or their chicken breading. Dunk it a second time and dredge again and put those bad boys in the frier. Or do them however you do your fried chicken.

I use this on pork cutlets, cube steaks, fried chicken, frog legs and back strap. I cut the back strap into 3/8" or so slices and literally push the coating into the slices, let dry a bit in the fridge and fry rare-ish. It is a little spicy.
1 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon blk pepper
3/4 teaspoon wht pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne
3/4 poultry seasoning
1/4 garlic powder

Cut into 1 or 2 inch chunks, poke all over with a fork, salt and pepper them, coat with mustard then roll in seasoned flour and deep fry.

Paul

I try not to put too much seasoning in the breading or flour for the outer crust cause it mostly burns by the time everything else is golden brown. I season the flour for the first dredge with seasoned salt, maybe lemon pepper, if not then black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, maybe old bay if I am feelin it that day. I put texas pete and whatever seasonings I used in the first flour dredge in the eggwash. The second dredge is plain flour or breadcrumbs. I think that really helps to get a good flavor without having the spice taste burned.

I have never did a side by side taste comparison but I think it matters not having burnt spice on the crust.

I cut the steaks thick and butterfly them. Then soak in milk, buttermilk or lightly salted water for 15 minutes, then drain and season the steaks. This pulls some of the blood out, but does not kill the flavor.

Heat some butter till it foams, and fry those boys until medium rare, remove to a plate for about 5 minutes or so.

If you feel the need to use some flour..... you can make white gravy in the pan with the drippings, and it's wonderful on the biscuits or mashed potatoes you will serve. Eat the venison as-is.

We cut ours about 3/8" thick then pound it with a tenderizer mallet, the edge of a saucer or even the small end of a coke bottle to tenderize.

Then season with salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Next, dredge them real good in plain flour and work in or rub in the flour well. Shake off excess before pan frying.

Just brown them well, don't overcook! It doesn't take long for them to cook!

Another option is to pour off nearly all the oil in the pan after frying and make gravy. Add sliced onions and add the venison and simmer covered until nearly falling apart. Serve with white rice.

Wow, I'm hungry now!!!!!!!!!

I'd take that backstrap and filet it open so that it lays flat. Season it with a rub of salt, black pepper, chipotle pepper, and garlic salt. Stuff it with lump crab that has been sauted in butter and garlic). Roll it and tie it with kitchen twine. Do a reverse sear method allowing the strap to take on a little smoke flavor until about 125 degrees. Then do a quick sear and let it rest. For the finishing sauce saute chopped shallots in butter until soft. Add a shot of Jack Daniels and then light it. Once it has burned off, add cream and reduce by half. Slice the strap into 2 inch pieces and serve with sauce. I am getting hungry just thinking about this.

Ken

I made some tonight, I take the tenderloin and remove all the silverskin I can and hen cut into 3/4 inch thick medallions then I used the double dip method with just flour with salt and pepper for first dredge. then into a milk and egg wash then into seasoned flower with everglades seasoning and some paprika then into the cast iron frying pan and they turned out great.

Back