THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steak and Cheese Subs

Been a while since I've thrown down, pron'd, or otherwise but back in the swing of things....looks like my dinner tonight may qualify as stadium food...good thing because I was about to throw it in a taco shell...maybe the left overs.

Started with some shaved steak from the butcher shop...
ae7f4221.jpg

Seasoned that with salt, pepper, and some cow bell hell rub I had around. Heated up the cast iron skillet on my weber mastertouch and sauted some peppers and onions.

5eb84ed5.jpg

Let's the skillet get searing hot and cooked up the meat like a street vendor. Had added some wood chunks at this point to the charcoal for the extra heat/flavor.

346153c1.jpg

b027902d.jpg

Steak and cheese sliders for my three boys (7,5, & 3) with fries on the side. Big hit.

f7cdc660.jpg

I toasted mine on the grill but in hindsight would have wrapped it in foil. Cheese wasn't quite melted enough.

88f1a720.jpg

But the end result was great. Could have been a prettier presentation but this is stadium food right? Will definitely try this again... Thanks for looking!

522306db.jpg

Seasoned that with salt, pepper, and some cow bell hell rub I had around. Heated up the cast iron skillet on my weber mastertouch and sauted some peppers and onions.

5eb84ed5.jpg

522306db.jpg

Great looking cheesteak!!! :clap2:

Of course, everything is better cooked on a red Master's Touch. :icon_cool

picture.php

CD

At most all stadiums you can find the grilled chicken sammie.

This is my interpretation.

Spicy Grilled Chicken Sandwich

After receiving the new Game Changer Brine from Oakridge
BBQ (Thanks KCmike!), I needed an excuse to try it.

This TD gave me that opportunity.

First the brine

IMG_0756.JPG

I followed the directions on the package for a full strength brine, and mixed it up.

IMG_0757.JPG

Now according to the directions, I need to get the brine to 40F before I put the chix in the brine, so while the brine was chilling I made buns.

IMG_0767.JPG

Once the brine got cold enough

IMG_0758.JPG

It was time to take the chicken breasts (bone-in of course) swimming.

IMG_0760.JPG

Then back into the fridge for another couple of hours.

Back to the buns...
IMG_0766.JPG

Got the kettle fired up with lump charcoal and put a foil shield down, and put the buns on.

IMG_0770.JPG

I wanted to get the buns done while the chicken was brining, that way the buns could cool while the chicken was cooking.

In 20 min the buns were ready to cool down.

IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0772.JPG

After the buns came off, the chicken was ready to go on, so off came the foil, and on went the chicken, but first I had to give the chick some rub love.

For this sammy, I wanted a spicy chicken breast, and chicken just doesn't get much better than with Habanero Death Dust (HDD) from Oakridge BBQ.

That's right, this is a Oakridge BBQ double feature.

IMG_0765.JPG

I deboned the fattest breast, and liberally applied the HDD to it, the rest of the chicken stayed bone-in, and was rubbed with my own all purpose BBQ rub.

The goal here was to get an idea of how the Game Change brine worked on boneless and bone-in breasts.

Grill 'em up!

IMG_0774.JPG

And onto the sammie.....

I cut the buns open (they turned out great!), applied mayo, lettuce and tomato, and to make it my own version of this great sandwich, I added some nice crisp slabs of bacon, and sharp cheddar cheese.

IMG_0776.JPG

IMG_0778.JPG

IMG_0784.JPG

IMG_0790.JPG

Served with chips and a cold beer

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

It was very very good. The breast was juicy, and had a nice kick due to the HDD. The tomato, lettuce, cheese, bacon and the bread helped balance the spiciness out nicely.

IMG_0794.JPG

Thanks again KCMike and Oakridge BBQ for some great eats!

Looks like this TD is going to fall short of a sellout which is fitting that the stadium I frequent most is the Oakland Alameda Coliseum or O dot Co Coliseum. The food there is nothing special unless you happen to be in one of the clubs but they do have some local Q.

kinders.jpg

Their specialty is the Ball tip sandwich.

OaklandBBQ.jpg

So that was my mission on Saturday I set out to get the goods, first I stopped by Blazin’ Barts Q to pick up some of their sauce and say hello. Next stop was Costco where I sent my wife on a wild goose chase to find some Ball Tip roasts, she came back with this. :becky:

marble.jpg

Wow, I’ll take the #2 combo plate Ribs and Tri Tip sammich. The ribs were trimmed St. Louis style and rubbed with SM Season All and Cherry, the TT got a tri level brethren rub SM Season All, Rub Co. Original and Santa Maria. The ribs went on first.

wsm.jpg

After 2 hours @ 270 the ribs were foiled with brown sugar and agave nectar, the TT hitched a ride until they hit ~125.

hitchhikingtritip.jpg

Then a sear on the Avocado.

seared.jpg

tt.jpg

Looks good to me, I almost felt bad slicing it up for sandwiches but hey at least I didn’t cook it like a brisket or grind it up for burgers. The ribs were sauced with Barts Blazin’ Q sauce and plated.

money7.jpg

money3.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Looks like this TD is going to fall short of a sellout which is fitting that the stadium I frequent most is the Oakland Alameda Coliseum or O dot Co Coliseum. The food there is nothing special unless you happen to be in one of the clubs but they do have some local Q.

kinders.jpg

Their specialty is the Ball tip sandwich.

OaklandBBQ.jpg

So that was my mission on Saturday I set out to get the goods, first I stopped by Blazin’ Barts Q to pick up some of their sauce and say hello. Next stop was Costco where I sent my wife on a wild goose chase to find some Ball Tip roasts, she came back with this. :becky:

marble.jpg

Wow, I’ll take the #2 combo plate Ribs and Tri Tip sammich. The ribs were trimmed St. Louis style and rubbed with SM Season All and Cherry, the TT got a tri level brethren rub SM Season All, Rub Co. Original and Santa Maria. The ribs went on first.

wsm.jpg

After 2 hours @ 270 the ribs were foiled with brown sugar and agave nectar, the TT hitched a ride until they hit ~125.

hitchhikingtritip.jpg

Then a sear on the Avocado.

seared.jpg

tt.jpg

Looks good to me, I almost felt bad slicing it up for sandwiches but hey at least I didn’t cook it like a brisket or grind it up for burgers. The ribs were sauced with Barts Blazin’ Q sauce and plated.

money7.jpg

money3.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Here I'm trying to go to bed and I see this!
WOW, How am I going to sleep after seeing that!
Fantastic entry!

Back