Saturday Pig Head, A Few Squirrels, Brisket, Sausage & Rib Tips

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Got a few folks coming over on Saturday for the Labor Day weekend. Haven't done a pig head yet oddly and got one rolling tomorrow along with a prime brisket, some squirrels, rib tips and homemade sausage :clap2:. Probably going to start around 9am and eat a little after 6. Definitely looking forward to the pig head since I haven't done one yet.

Picked up the frozen pig head a couple days ago and it is about thawed today :becky:

Here the ribs tips, homemade sausage and squirrels

This prime looks pretty solid looking. Injecting it because.....science........

Plan is to wake up sometime, go for a run, then fire up the Shirley and start cooking. Finally cooling off here and supposed to be mid 80's and cloudy which is perfect.

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone! :-D

You eat Squirrel?, aren't they Rodents?
Mind you River Rat is tasty, but protected.

Most people only call me that on Friday nights...you trying to make me feel bad, Jason??:laugh:

Very interesting. Will be checking in on this one.

Way to go Jason. There will be some leg quarters going on the Primo from those Limb Chickens at my house, about mid Oct. Don't forget the Brunswick Stew !

Erin made 2 cheesecakes last night and has 2 more prepped to get cooked today.

So 4 cheesecakes, yet only...

Got a few folks coming over on Saturday for the Labor Day weekend.

That is my idea of an ideal cheesecake to guest ratio :thumb:

We really need to get you (or at least Erin :becky:) to come out West for a Bash!

So 4 cheesecakes, yet only...

That is my idea of an ideal cheesecake to guest ratio :thumb:

We really need to get you (or at least Erin :becky:) to come out West for a Bash!

Ya I don't plan so good :doh::becky:.

A trip out west would be fun. Can a bag check the Shirley?

Never had squirrel before. What does it actually taste similar to...besides squirrel?

Cheesecake now you are talking :thumb:
Keep those rats with a furry tail I have heard really good things about that pig head Looking forward to your results

Back