THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok here's the rest from yesterday

Smoked the squirrels in a pan and then added some chicken broth and foiled

Sausage and the macs. The reaper mac was really good. It definitely had a lot of heat, but not that you couldn't enjoy eating other things.

Squirrell leg sampling

Brisket was very brisket'y

Pig head was really good. The cheek meat I could eat all day long

Sliced up the tong which was also great

Ears, cheek and tongue

And the rest

I will absolutely be doing pig head again the all the meat was great :-D

Definitely will. Here's how it's looking after an hour. I'm running a little lower than normal in the 250-275 range to not scorch it and since I have plenty of time. I'll ride this temp for 4hrs or so and them probably wrap both up.

Am I the only one that noticed the rainbow in this picture?

Wheres the Brain?

No brain :sad:. With the folks that came over I got side tracked and in the haste of late night slightly inebriated clean up, all the butcher paper I laid out got balled up and tossed........including the skull :doh:. I really enjoyed the cow brain when I cooked that so was bummed I didn't get at this one. But soon enough I will do one again.

Jason is correct. Tree rats (squirrels) taste awfully similar to chicken. I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one that eats them here....they are a natural fit for smoking as older squirrels (with tougher meat) are the best when cooked low and slow. You can chicken fry the younger ones with a sausage gravy.

I owe my marksmanship to squirrel hunting.

If someone tells you they're a good shot, you can easily find out- just give them a .22 and tell them to hit a running squirrel in the tree tops.

How in the Fark did i miss this thread ??!!!!
Another great showing and cook there brother:thumb:
I want to be just like you when i grow up:becky::becky:

Back