Let’s See Your Cast Iron

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
These are my Griswold and Wagner Ware Sidney O skillets. They’re all users. Not pictured is a Griswold DO but it photobombs almost all my inside food pics. I have multiple Lodge skillets, leg and legless DO/beanpot, Lodge Press, Griswold cornbread stick, Hell there may be more.

Last edited:
Looking at that collection there's no way I'm taking a pic of my pedestrian Lodge pans and griddles!

In the Griswold brand I have an egg skillet and (2) #3, (2) #5, a #8 and #9 skillets along with a 12" griddle with bail, and 12" griddle with handle. In Wagner I have 10" and 12" griddles with bails. I recently donated my bacon & egg griddle to my hunting buddy's trailer. I also have Wagner Magnalite round and oval roasters, but those are cast aluminum.

My Lodge collections include (3) Dutch ovens, (2) small griddles, a drop biscuit pan, a loaf pan, a cornstick pan and a flat bottom basting pot. I have my eye on a 9 X 13 casserole pan.

I have only a few - but they are loved and used. Hell, if I owned that many I'd have to get my house foundation repaired or store half at each end of the house.

Heck of a collection. I'm an up and comer at this game. I've got a 12" lodge skillet,6.5" skillet, 7qt DO with bail, 5qt DO, 4.5qt enamel DO and a 7qt DO with legs. Now I need to start picking up some of the vintage stuff to round things out

3 Lodge pieces.
8qt camp Dutch oven (rarely used).
5qt Dutch oven (used a bunch).
9in skillet (also used a bunch).

Funny you mention cast iron. A coworkers ex FIL collected cast iron cookware and a few bath tubs. I was told he even has numerous big cauldrons. He was close friendship wise to an Amish community and had been collecting for decades. It's all sitting in a barn in southern Indiana covered in dust. My buddy is divorced now and the ex FIL died. No telling the value of cast iron in that barn.

It's cold so I'm not going to the shop to take photos.
Have skillets in several sizes. One is a spider with a gate mark and no other marks. My daughter bought it at a thrift store for 5 dollars because she thought I might like it. Another gate marked skillet is one my Grandmother mostly used as a lid for a cast iron pot. The pot is probably about a 1 gallon size,It was the right size to fit the stove eye on her wood stove.
Have an Adams griddle that's around 28 inches long.
We have an assortment of cast iron in the house that we use. The one we use most is a 10 inch skillet that is more nonstick than some teflon pans. We can't remember where or when we got it but it is very well seasoned.

I have three assorted 12" cast iron skillets of various makes. One of the skillets is an Atlanta Stove Works product that came from family's hardware store. The store closed in 1983 after being in business for 111 years. We sold Atlanta Stove Works cast iron ware and stove exclusively. I have my grandmothers 10" dutch oven with lid that also came from the store and it is at least 50 years old.

My pride and joy is a #10 Griswold Tite-Top Baster with lid and trinket. This piece was given to me in 2003 by a hunting buddy of my grandfather. The man and his wife told me that my great-grandmother gave that to them as a wedding present in 1941. Mrs Knaeble made my promise to her that I would take care of the dutch oven and to not ruin the seasoning in the pot. She said the seasoning was older than I was. I promised the both of them I would take care of the pot, use it, clean it properly and would treasure it always. Out of all of my kitchen equipment, I treasure this item the most. I do use it several times a year and I do take care of it. That seasoning is going on 80 years and I am well seasoned at 65.

Beers,

Juggy

I don't have anything vintage or high-end. Lodge 10" and 12" stubby-handle skillets, a 4.5 qt. pot, and one of those silly corn-shaped muffin pans. My first CI pan is still my most-used and favorite. It was a gift from Mom for my 14th birthday - a (then) new, non-vintage 9" Wagner. I know, it's "Chinese junk", but it cooks just fine and has never disappointed me in over 30 years of regular use. There were times when it was the only cookware I had.

Adams, what photo host are you using? I don't see anything and I don't think it's the first time I've missed your photos. Used to be I could see them.

Same for me. Can’t see the photos.

Oddly, photo not there this morning but was there yesterday. I do note that it says Adams edited at 4:25 p.m. Adams has a very nice collection. Hopefully the picture will reappear.

As for my cast iron:

I have a 10" Wagner Sydney O that my wife bought in a flea market about 20 years ago for $15 and used mostly for corn bread. 12" Lodge skillet, 12" lodge dutch oven, generic, no name, chicken fryer that I bought to use in the smoker, one of my mother's 10" no name skillet that I need to restore, a new in the box 5 gallon cauldron, and a 10 gallon cauldron that I use for making jambalaya occasionally (but not nearly enough).

Robert

My apologies. Almost every photo (not all but most) I use an old IPhone 6. It’s got its quirks and when it starts acting up I delete everything possible (including photos) and hard restart. Yesterday was particularly bad with WiFi and phone not playing nice. Even the Bluetooth wouldn’t and still won’t connect to Oontz. There’s not enough memory for any big updates. This morning isn’t much better with screen jumping. Probably need a new photo phone

But this iPhone 6 has the best camera Ive ever owned

Last edited:
MSD said she is not dragging them all out and if I do, I'll have to clean them all before putting away. Just don't have the time right now.

My favorite is a Griswold 14 my father gave me. We have several that are daily use and more that only get used on occasion. Always check yard sales for CI, knives, and vintage horse shoes

MSD said she is not dragging them all out and if I do, I'll have to clean them all before putting away. Just don't have the time right now.

My favorite is a Griswold 14 my father gave me. We have several that are daily use and more that only get used on occasion. Always check yard sales for CI, knives, and vintage horse shoes

That's sort of my problem. I have TOO many pieces of cast iron. Many hand me downs.
I need to round everything up and snap a pic... someday..

Wish the wife would take care of our CI like that.

My wife leaves my iron & carbon steel pans alone. Even if she is the one cleaning up after a meal, any dirty iron/steel pans will be sitting on the stove top still dirty. She knows I clean them & put them away...and we're both ok with it.

I’ve gifted my son several pieces of Griswold and Wagner Ware Sidney O. I’ve never seen him use them since gifted. As well I bought him a piece of French Carbon Steel skillet and he has bought more of that. I would never ask however it’s easily noticed what he prefers and it’s not cast iron. Mine will gradually disappear to friends and family. His call and probably he will never know.

Back