Lodge Cast Iron Skillet

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Guess I’ve had this skillet a really long time. Decided it was time to place in rotation. Believe this would be a #5 possibly #6 definitely not a #4. I have lodge loaf pans, lodge Dutch ovens and a bean pot, burger press and 1 or 2 griddles. Seems my Griswold and Wagner get all the love. Not today. Lodge cast iron. Smoked beef sausage, hot dog wieners and Bratwurst. Transferred to skillet and topped with well squeezed kraut. Sauerkraut & weenies with mustard and bottled water

Last edited:
I have a Lodge 6SK skillet (9") and I love it. I also have the 8qt camp stove and 6qt smooth bottom Dutch oven.
I really like the Griswolds but man they are pricey on Ebay.

Nearly every piece of CI I own is Lodge...new & old. I don't own a single Griswold or Wagner. My Lodge pieces are perfectly nonstick...I can't imagine wanting to spend 2-3 times as much for the others. That isn't to say I wouldn't pick one up if I saw a deal somewhere...I just haven't seen a deal.

My Griswold (1) and Wagners (2) all cook very well. Better than my one Lodge? Not to me but the Griswold is definitely lighter in weight which I prefer.

You done flung a craving on me. I got sauerkraut,I got sausage,I got hot dogs,I got lotsa time and buns too. Mustard may be involved.

Back