Phubar's Phriday Night Pulled Pork Pron

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's smo..."....oh wait.....I gotta wait for McG. till he wakes up!:becky:

Rubbed the porknecks lightly with Lawry's seasoned salt yesterday.
Tonight I'm gonna rub them with Phoil Hat rub and they're gonna hit the UDS between 00.00 and 01.00.
That sucker on the right is a big MoPho...don't know how much it weighs but it's my biggest untill now.

I think I haven't made pulled pork for about a year now.:tsk::redface:

"12 hours and counting..." *NASA mod*

IMG_3260.jpg

IMG_3262.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: B3
That yummy pork has so much yummy potential. Confidence is good...

I look Phoward to the Pron! That's an interesting cut, it looks like the top of the shoulder (butt) and the neck?

It's good to go back to the basics every now and then. Looking forward to how you do it up right.

I look Phoward to the Pron! That's an interesting cut, it looks like the top of the shoulder (butt) and the neck?

I don't have much knowledge about cuts of meat but we call this "procureur" or porkneck.
...just did some research,I think it is what you said:shoulder and neck

PHU!!! wassup brother? that pork neck is gonna be awesome! I wanna get me some pork neck for coppa! Looks good brother!

Cheers

man oh man oh ... I would cure and roll that pork neck into a cappicolla in a heart beat! Enjoy the PP!

I'm awake!!!
I took a 2 hour nap and dugged myselPh up Phrom out of my Grave.:becky:

Rubbed the porknecks with some celery seeds and Phoil Hat rub.
The aluminium container contains water,applejuice,apple cider vinigar,L&P and Phoil Hat rub.

They're laying in the UDS about a halPh hour ago.

IMG_3267.jpg

IMG_3270.jpg

IMG_3272.jpg

IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_3276.jpg

IMG_3279.jpg

Last edited:
Kinda low, HZ.

Well...you Brethren have tought me wrong then...maybe!:p
This thermo has a short stem and I thought I was supposed to aim at 190F-200F (on the thermo) and add about 25F-30F to know the temp of the center of the grate.
Right now it's hovering at 200F...just where I want it.

*edit*...only the ball valve open for intake and still hovering at 200F.

Well...you Brethren have tought me wrong then...maybe!:p
This thermo has a short stem and I thought I was supposed to aim at 190F-200F (on the thermo) and add about 25F-30F to know the temp of the center of the grate.
Right now it's hovering at 200F...just where I want it.

*edit*...only the ball valve open for intake and still hovering at 200F.

That sounds right to me. From my experience with a vertical (Brinkmann gourmet) smoker, if a water pan is used, it runs hotter on the outside edges, but if I go with a pizza pan diffuser, the center is hotter than the outside. Different smoker, similar results I'd think.

Only way to be sure is to place a digital probe thermometer on various points of the grate. Or the biscuit test.

Back