THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

@Chester - How is your gasket for the charcoal chute looking? Mine has gotten really hard and is sticking to the top of the chute. Not sure how to "revive" it.

Are you using a piece of foil there? I see people doing this in videos, not sure the reasoning other than I guess to try to protect that gasket.

Are you using a piece of foil there? I see people doing this in videos, not sure the reasoning other than I guess to try to protect that gasket.

I did and the foil stuck to the gasket. Had to peel it off. It’s to prevent moisture from the gasket. The smoke that rises up the chute creates a lot of moisture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been using aluminum foil folded up about 5-6 layers thick. No issue with mine. It was thinner at first about 2 sheets thick and it formed a hole in the middle allowing moisture to come through. Discolored the gasket slightly, but no functional loss. If you pinch the gasket several times (work at it a bit) it usually will get the spring back. I see some people using a cutout of the an aluminum tray for this area. You may try that.

Like this question, and I am still wondering about the mystery grease leak on the side of the smoker that a few of the owners have experienced?

Back