THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow! How are you not on TV with your own cooking show? Super creative and beautiful looking food! I always feel like I learn something from your cooks.

So, is the batter recipe a secret? Most authentic Chile Rellenos I have seen! I've heard it uses egg whites?

My 2nd favorite Mexican food next to good enchiladas.

Thanks everybody! You're a kind group of friends! :grin:

Awesome cook Jeanie and beautiful plated pic!!

Sweet Laguiole too, always wanted one just never have got one.

Thanks Jeremy! You need to get a set. They're pretty sturdy. :grin:

I love your posts, Jeanie. They always remind me that there's a level of perfection I can keep working toward.

Very kind of you Jeremy! Thanks so much! :grin:

Goodness gracious, that looks incredible. It has been SO long since I've had a good chile relleno. Last time I tried was when I was on vacation in South Texas and the restaurant served me an obviously pre-frozen one. :sad::-o:cry: Seeing these pictures of elite-level rellenos makes that experience all the more painful by comparison.

Oh heck, I've had those frozen rellenos too. lol Pretty tasteless! :grin:
Thanks C-man, hope you give em a try sometime. They're really tasty with smoked meats and cheese!

Wow! How are you not on TV with your own cooking show? Super creative and beautiful looking food! I always feel like I learn something from your cooks.

Thank you ulc!! You're too kind!
I'd have a hard time giving up my camping, fishing, relaxing time. lol

So, is the batter recipe a secret? Most authentic Chile Rellenos I have seen! I've heard it uses egg whites?

My 2nd favorite Mexican food next to good enchiladas.

Not a secret at all. :grin: Just trying to cut down on pictures. lol
I use one egg for each rellenos. I beat the whites to stiff peaks. Add one tablespoon of flour for each egg used. Add a couple pinches of salt. Then beat the yolks with a fork and "fold" them into the whites to keep the batter light and fluffy.
For this batch, I used 8 eggs.

Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks..
QUx11Qh.jpg

After beating the whites, I fold the flour and salt in...
then fold the yolks in last..
Lp2mnEL.jpg

Ready for dipping and frying.

ECxbqeH.jpg

I also coat the stuffed chiles with flour before dipping. It helps the batter adhere.

Thanks! Hope you have great luck with it! :-D

I've never had them, but darn do those look good. As do all your posts, jeanie. Magazine quality pics and superb tutorial. Thanks for sharing.

-Dom

I've never had them, but darn do those look good. As do all your posts, jeanie. Magazine quality pics and superb tutorial. Thanks for sharing.

-Dom

Thanks so much Dom! I hope you try them sometime! The usual filling is cheese, but I like the addition of meats. :grin:

Definitely not too many pics Jeanie, I'm also a proponent of cooking up a bunch of thighs or pork or what ever just to ensure there is always smoked Que available for a meal. Your pizza and rellenos look amazingly delicious, keep those pictures coming.

Definitely not too many pics Jeanie, I'm also a proponent of cooking up a bunch of thighs or pork or what ever just to ensure there is always smoked Que available for a meal. Your pizza and rellenos look amazingly delicious, keep those pictures coming.

Thank you Bill! :grin:
Isn't it nice to have extra smoked goodies on hand!
Hope you and family had a wonderful weekend.

Here I am, drooling again.

If Pioneer Woman hasn't contacted you yet it's because she's afraid.

Back