THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
Sorry for so many pictures. I wanted to combine a couple of cooks into one post.

I smoked a couple of racks of chicken thighs in the drum awhile back, and have been using the meat for different meals.

0B4WFPF.jpg

40WhCx6.jpg

fW8KEOy.jpg

Had to try one...

Za1o3Co.jpg

separated the skin and meat...

LOu3QF8.jpg

fried the smoked skin til crisp...

eASAX1n.jpg

shredded and bagged the meat for the freezer..

O672x1I.jpg

First meal, smoked chicken pizza with Carolina Treet sauce and crisp chicken skins on top.

yVL6KhG.jpg

blistered, steamed, peeled and seeded some chiles..

IQybbIo.jpg

made my relleno batter...

QUx11Qh.jpg

and the smoked chicken, cheese, scallion filling...

TYGUkfS.jpg

stuffed and ready to dip and fry...

dLEsKcF.jpg

PaecXVw.jpg

rLAn4Pg.jpg

served with my sauce... sauteed scallions, garlic, tomato sauce, chicken stock, mexican oregano, salt pepper, I think that's about all.

9EbDPg2.jpg

nlorUdy.jpg

HkJwhny.jpg

ez3vQje.jpg

Stuffed rellenos are one of my favorites. The smoked chicken and cheese were pretty tasty. The filling was hot and gooey. Kind of a comfort meal for me.

Again, sorry for so many pics! Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
School’s in Session. Or is it Night Court?

Outstanding!

Last edited:
Thanks for this post, Jeanie! Love the big thigh smoke idea. You've got meat for many meals there.
I've got to try those rellenos.

Awesome cook Jeanie and beautiful plated pic!!

Sweet Laguiole too, always wanted one just never have got one.

Goodness gracious, that looks incredible. It has been SO long since I've had a good chile relleno. Last time I tried was when I was on vacation in South Texas and the restaurant served me an obviously pre-frozen one. :sad::-o:cry: Seeing these pictures of elite-level rellenos makes that experience all the more painful by comparison.

Back