SIDE on Food Network?

Great video Clint - was telling the wife about it at lunch today. Hope they see the talent and we're catching you on FN soon! And who knows - after your Hollywood career takes off - next is: Spice Fairy's Rubs and Sausces coming to a local store near you! Good luck in getting picked!

Oh Well

Unfortunately the Brethren will not be represented on this show. My wife got a call from Food Network about another show and she asked about Grill It. Long story short, Bobby picked 12 videos from across the country and they have already filmed them. No Spice Fairy, no Bossman.:mad: We didn't even get emails saying the thing was over.

Thanks to everyone for supporting our videos, though. Maybe season 2???

Unfortunately the Brethren will not be represented on this show. My wife got a call from Food Network about another show and she asked about Grill It. Long story short, Bobby picked 12 videos from across the country and they have already filmed them. No Spice Fairy, no Bossman.:mad: We didn't even get emails saying the thing was over.

Thanks to everyone for supporting our videos, though. Maybe season 2???
I call BULLCHIT. Thats it BOYCOTT!!!!!

Yeah, it's disappointing so many people put in all of that work and the process was so disorganized. There are now a bunch of people posting on Bobby's video asking what the heck is going on.

Oh well. It was fun! Maybe I should surpass Bobby's video in views for the heck of it!

I'm going to write them. How can you not pick the most popular video. Unless you are afraid of the Spice Fairy.

Sorry to hear the news, Clint.
Kudos and accolades to both you and Bossman for excellent entries.
Besides picking up some great techniques and ideas, I also learned a very important lesson - a fairy is never a boy that cooks.:lol:

Hey, y'all gave it a good shot!
Keep up the good work.

I'm going to write them. How can you not pick the most popular video. Unless you are afraid of the Spice Fairy.

I appreciate that. Not that I encourage anarchy, but if any opinionated Brethren wanted to share their thoughts on the selection process, my video, technique, recipe, or whatever, there's an email address that is:

dearfoodnetwork at foodnetwork dot com

(Any chance a moderator can change the title of this thread to SIDE Gets Burned by Food Network?)

Here's my letter:

Dear Food Network,

What a farce?

You asked for videos from your loyal viewers.
You asked for others to go online and watch the videos.
You asked for comments by the video watchers.

And from the looks of the website it appears thousands upon thousands of us responded in one form or another. Today I found out that not only are you still asking for videos, you’ve already selected the winners and filmed the episodes. I can not even begin to express my disappointment. After years of watching the Food Network I am seriously considering giving up your network. I will most definitely stop watching any show with Bobby Flay.

How can you have selected the twelve finalists, filmed the episodes and still have given everyone a chance to participate. The answer is simple, you couldn’t. You have taken advantage of people. How could you not selected the most watched video?

The Food Network owes everyone who posted a video, viewed a video or commented on a video an apology. You handled this whole thing wrong and have soiled the reputation of the network. Now IF I watch any more of “The Next Food Network Star” and one of the judges, especially Flay, starts to talk about how it’s important the viewers are I’ll know it’s just a bunch of bull.

Larry Gaian
Rocklin, CA