THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

here's mine. 7's across the board for appearance. it was a sloppy box because we ran into knife trouble so time was running out...have a back-up knife sharpened AND handy!
good luck!

Last edited:
Do you guys pre-trim your ribs before you get to the comp?

I trim chicken and ribs at home a day or two before the comp, and then vacuum pack them with the FoodSaver.

Chicken, because it takes so long and I like to work in the comfort and controlled climate of my kitchen.
Ribs, because if I get broken, crooked or otherwise ugly bones, that you can only really see after the cryovac packs are open, I have time to get some new racks.
Butts and briskets I leave in the cryovacs and trim on Friday at the comp.

these were 2nd place in Hammond, La last year missed first by .0004 points:mad2: A sharper knife would have probably pulled it in:doh:

hammondboxes003.jpg

Well, how did you do. And where is the picture of you rib turn-in?

I took third in the backyard category. Ken V. took first place plus G.C.

I'll post pictures when my wife gets around to downloading them - they are on her camera with a bunch of other pictures of the kids, etc.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Ya know Dan, I just realized I didnt take any pics of my ribs or box!!! I have to get ahold of ICC, there were some students there from the college newspaper that camped out a while and took quite a few pics.

Ken

Dan, I might, what do you think about doing the backyard comp? I cant make it for the pro comp on Friday but could do ribs and chicken. Turn-ins are at 2 and 2:30.

these got 4th out of 30 teams 3 weeks ago a bit darker then I like but all my testers liked them lol

Attachments

I took third in the backyard category. Ken V. took first place plus G.C.

I'll post pictures when my wife gets around to downloading them - they are on her camera with a bunch of other pictures of the kids, etc.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Congrats on third! Congrats to Ken on the win!!

THanks Jeff - and honestly, I wouldn't have done as well without some of the tips I learned from you. Are you going to Arthur this weekend?

Back