Pictures of your competition ribs??

This was a rib box from the Jack in 2008 when I PB'd with Smokin' Ty's.

100_3162.jpg

Dayum! that's a lot of rib in the Parsley turn in!

I tasted the God Rib that day! John from Parrothead had the best tasting rib I have ever eaten in my life!!

I don't have any pictures. I'd get as many ribs as possible in the box. If greens are allowed and there is more than 1 inch of green showing, you can get another rib in there... Also, while that fanning of ribs and turning them on their side might look good. It also dries out the ribs. Keep those cuts together and it keeps the ribs so they won't dry out.

This was a rib box from the Jack in 2008 when I PB'd with Smokin' Ty's.

100_3162.jpg

Dayum! that's a lot of rib in the Parsley turn in!

I tasted the God Rib that day! John from Parrothead had the best tasting rib I have ever eaten in my life!!

How did those score?

I don't have any pictures. I'd get as many ribs as possible in the box. If greens are allowed and there is more than 1 inch of green showing, you can get another rib in there... Also, while that fanning of ribs and turning them on their side might look good. It also dries out the ribs. Keep those cuts together and it keeps the ribs so they won't dry out.

Good tip...thanks Scottie!

IMG_0101-1.jpg

Takes cojones to post these after looking at all the rest, but I at least had the scores on the computer to show you.

ClovisJudges06.jpg

Pretty sure judge #1 was the only one not drinking at this table...They placed 6th out of 44 teams.

Those are all beautiful examples of excellent turn-ins. But sometimes, one needs a negative example to help put things in perspective. :wink:

Here's one of what NOT to turn in::tsk:

2010CookoffKickoffribs.jpg

Good luck!

ribs

for some reason judges did not like these ...everyone else did

Attachments

• P9090098.jpg
    P9090098.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 391
  • P9090097.jpg
    P9090097.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 393
Ken, thanks - I'll remember this advice. You're a true Brethren, aren't ya :)
LOL

Looking forward to beating you - I mean, meeting you. I'm gonna say a special prayer for you Saturday :)

Oh, you did the call - the event has been moved from the River Front park to the airport due to the number of entries. You are next the hanger. I'm on runway 5. :becky::becky:

Dan you made my day. I laughed so hard i almost spilled my beer!

Sharpie

After I finish my turn in box I will put the leftovers in a aluminum pan cover with heavy foil and mark the top with what is in it, and put it in the hot box till we descend on it latter like locust on crops

Can I ask what you do with the Sharpie during turn-ins?

Not shigging either...

Do you guys pre-trim your ribs before you get to the comp?

I don't, but I only do four slabs of spares. Trimming them to a St. Louis cut only takes a few seconds per slab and pulling the membrane a minute or less. I usually have plenty of down time to do all that before I have to really start cooking.

Back