Pictures of your competition ribs??

here's mine. 7's across the board for appearance. it was a sloppy box because we ran into knife trouble so time was running out...have a back-up knife sharpened AND handy!
good luck!

Last edited:
Do you guys pre-trim your ribs before you get to the comp?

I trim chicken and ribs at home a day or two before the comp, and then vacuum pack them with the FoodSaver.

Chicken, because it takes so long and I like to work in the comfort and controlled climate of my kitchen.
Ribs, because if I get broken, crooked or otherwise ugly bones, that you can only really see after the cryovac packs are open, I have time to get some new racks.
Butts and briskets I leave in the cryovacs and trim on Friday at the comp.

these were 2nd place in Hammond, La last year missed first by .0004 points:mad2: A sharper knife would have probably pulled it in:doh:

hammondboxes003.jpg

Well, how did you do. And where is the picture of you rib turn-in?

I took third in the backyard category. Ken V. took first place plus G.C.

I'll post pictures when my wife gets around to downloading them - they are on her camera with a bunch of other pictures of the kids, etc.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Ya know Dan, I just realized I didnt take any pics of my ribs or box!!! I have to get ahold of ICC, there were some students there from the college newspaper that camped out a while and took quite a few pics.

Ken

Ken,
Those weren't students from ICC - they were my spies. wwwhaaahhhhaaaaa.
Hey, you going to Arthur this weekend?

Dan, I might, what do you think about doing the backyard comp? I cant make it for the pro comp on Friday but could do ribs and chicken. Turn-ins are at 2 and 2:30.

these got 4th out of 30 teams 3 weeks ago a bit darker then I like but all my testers liked them lol

Attachments

• PIC00059.JPG
    PIC00059.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 149
Dan, I might, what do you think about doing the backyard comp? I cant make it for the pro comp on Friday but could do ribs and chicken. Turn-ins are at 2 and 2:30.

Ken,
As of now, I'm planning on competing. I don't think that you should :)

wow, you guys and gals really gave it up on this thread. Dan, ask them to show you pork, brisket, and chicken too!

I took third in the backyard category. Ken V. took first place plus G.C.

I'll post pictures when my wife gets around to downloading them - they are on her camera with a bunch of other pictures of the kids, etc.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Congrats on third! Congrats to Ken on the win!!

THanks Jeff - and honestly, I wouldn't have done as well without some of the tips I learned from you. Are you going to Arthur this weekend?

Back