MSU Pressure Cooker Chili

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Bill
G'Day Bruces! :becky:

Still crappy Winter in Downside up land and as I feel the cold a lot, I simply can't get outside. I'm perfecting my repertoire of Stews, Soups and Chili instead using my Pressure Cooker and this Chili MSU came out real good.

Spices here:
P-20230825-170915.jpg

1 TBS each Ancho Powder, Guajillo Powder, Chipotle Powder, Ground Cumin, Granulated Garlic.

1TSP each of Cayenne and Pimenton Dolce (Paprika)

1 TBS Dried Oregano ( pronounced Oregarno, not Orregano)

2 sachet's Goya Cilantro Y Achiote seasoning.

Salt to taste

Other Ingredients:

2 kilo's (4.5 pounds) Chuck steak, cubed small.
2 Large Onions.
1 Can Diced Tomato
1 bottle Passata
1 Can Black beans with juice.
1 cup Beef Stock
2 Bell Peppers Blackened in the air fryer (This works pretty good. First time I've done this.)
P-20230825-171415.jpg

Browned the meat in a pan in batches, added to the pressure cooker. Added the Onions to the pan, deglazed with some Worcester Sauce and Beef Stock.

Chucked it all in the Pressure Cooker and set it to max for 30 mins.
P-20230825-172243.jpg

Came out fantastic. Terrible served pic but I was hungry:
P-20230825-200800.jpg

Had this with Sour Cream, Cheese with Corn Chips and Avo on the side.

Ate it in front of the Tele. Was very good for a fast pressure cook and now I've got comfort food for the rest of the week!

Try the recipe. You'll like it.

Cheers!

WAs

Never skimp on flavour! Plus, it's a lot of meat.

Unpopular opinion here, but sometimes less is more. Maybe i am just a chili snob, but spices should compliment the beef, not over power it.

"Hows the chili? Its good, what grind is that beef? " Its ground turkey" Wow, i couldn't tell.

Unpopular opinion here, but sometimes less is more. Maybe i am just a chili snob, but spices should compliment the beef, not over power it.

"Hows the chili? Its good, what grind is that beef? " Its ground turkey" Wow, i couldn't tell.

Bob, it's just fine diced Chuck. Nothing ground up at all. As for the spices, they go through 4.5 pounds of Chuck, plus everything else. To be honest, it could have used another TBS of Cumin. There is not a lot of heat in it because Guajillo, Ancho and Chipotle are not that hot. That's what hot sauce if for at the table. The beef is not overpowered at all.

Bob, it's just fine diced Chuck. Nothing ground up at all. As for the spices, they go through 4.5 pounds of Chuck, plus everything else. To be honest, it could have used another TBS of Cumin. There is not a lot of heat in it because Guajillo, Ancho and Chipotle are not that hot. That's what hot sauce if for at the table. The beef is not overpowered at all.

I was joking. I was using ground turkey as an example of a chili loaded with soo much spices, you can't tell if its beef, turkey, or cardboard.

Sorry about that, but it was in the text. I didn't get carried away with the pics because it wasn't BBQ :becky:

You're definitely right about chili being too hot for the sake of just trying to make people sweat and and reach for the milk. That's not what I do.

Back