Wendy's Chili 🌶️ With.........

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
...... beans. Growing up in Oklahoma sometimes we had chili with beans, sometimes not. One thing we always had was hamburger. Never chunked meats. Sometimes mom would use Rotel, sometimes chopped tomatoes, sometimes V8. I never once remember corn. When Dad cooked the chili it was pretty basic, often involving a little splash of Schlitz or Falstaff. Mom was more about sneaking in extra veggies. Both were good. Specially on those nights each of us had our own sleeve of crackers. I eat chili all year, but for you seasonal Brethren here's a Wendy's Knock Off.

Wendy's Chili Save this recipe for a crisp fall day ❤️
Ingredients
2 pounds fresh ground beef
1 quart tomato juice
1 (29-ounce) can tomato purée
1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
1 medium-large onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup diced celery
1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
1/4 cup chili powder (use less for milder chili)
1 teaspoon ground cumin (use more for real flavor)
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions
In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain off the fat. Put the beef and the remaining ingredients in a 6-quart pot. Cover the pot and let the chili simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes. You can also cook this in a slow cooker on low for 3 to 4 hours.

I've never had Wendy's chili. I'll give it a go. Thanks Adams!

I have a Wendy's about 800.yards away. 15 or so years ago they were pretty big into salads. They had a Southwest Taco Salad that came with a small container of their chili to pour over the garden. I'm not sure what their menu is now, but that salad was pretty tasty, for salad. I generally don't eat out what I cook regularly at home,

I've never had Wendy's chili. I had a cousin that worked there and he said that the chili meat came from all of the hamburgers they would burn/mess up. I always thought that was interesting and a good way to prevent food waste.

I've never had Wendy's chili. I had a cousin that worked there and he said that the chili meat came from all of the hamburgers they would burn/mess up. I always thought that was interesting and a good way to prevent food waste.

My first job was at Wendy’s and that is correct. All burnt burgers or burgers that got stale on the griddle went into a bucket and into the walk in freezer for chili meat. That said, wendys chili isn’t half bad to me[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have not had Wendy's chili in years, but I remember it was good. I don't know if they still give you the packet of liquid seasoning with it or not but that really boosted the flavor. I tried for a while to find out what it was as I wanted to have it for the chili I make, but never had any luck finding out what it was.
If any of you know what it was please tell us.

Massive cool down on The High Plains. Overnight rains pretty much split around but 88* for a high temperature screams American Bison Chili Bean Soup Stew Stoup.. a knockoff of a knockoff if you will.

Last edited:
Added a teaspoon cumin and a half teaspoon oregano

Let it simmer and tighten up in the Smokey Microwave

I absolutely love Wendy's chili, anytime the wife decided she wanted chili for dinner but didn't feel like making it, I would swing by and pick up some on my way home, and for fast food chili, it's pretty dang awesome.

I don’t think I’ve eaten a Wendy’s French fry in over a decade once I found out you could substitute chili for the french fries at no extra cost when ordering a meal.

I get diced raw onions and cheese on top of the chili along with the packet of hot chili seasoning.

Back