Foodsaver Handheld $3.86 shipped

Got mine yesterday, already storing some smoked turkey in one of the deli containers. Hoping it will extend the fridge life expectancy. Easy to use (surprised I actually let it charge the full 24 hours as recommended).

You read the directions?:p
OK, mine showed up in the mail today and I plugged it in, following the directions. :tsk:

Last edited:
I got one and it's charged and ready to go. I will be trying it out on some gluten free bread first. I hope it works as advertised.

Just an additional bit of information... I ordered the extra bags. The gallon size from food saver costs 6.39 for 12 bags. That's 53 cents each - not including shipping. Yesterday I was @ Wally world and found the Zip Lock vacuum bags (which I believe is the identical bag) @ 2.68 for 8 bags. That's 33 cents each.

Just an additional bit of information... I ordered the extra bags. The gallon size from food saver costs 6.39 for 12 bags. That's 53 cents each - not including shipping. Yesterday I was @ Wally world and found the Zip Lock vacuum bags (which I believe is the identical bag) @ 2.68 for 8 bags. That's 33 cents each.

nice find - thanks!!

I received mine on Friday. It seems to work good. It's not really for long term storage. It's probably better for cheeses and deli meats. Nevertheless, excellent find for the price.

And Great Customer Service to boot!

Well, since I ordered the wrong type of quart bags (see post#77), I called today to ask if they wanted me to send them back in the original box or just an envelope.
The nice customer service lady stated it would cost more to return the bags than it was worth so she offered to send out 2 packs of bags to make up for the wrong ones at NO CHARGE!
How bout 'dem apples?
Thanks Jarden/Sunbeam!

Got mine the other day. I'm keeping a piece of green pepper sealed in the fridge to see how long it last. No problem reusing too. Took some onion out and resealed again.

Mine arrived this week and I just sealed up a loaf of gluten free bread in two slices each per bag and six gluten free bagels each in their own bag. It worked very well. Best $ I've spent in a long time.

Old post, but I finally got around to opening my sealer up.
Does anybody have a good source for bags?? It looks like the ebay ones don't work because this unit doesn't "seal" the bags, it just sux the air out, so it appears you need the bags with the "ziploc" feature on them.

Thanks

Yep, I get the ziplock bags too. It's a great little gadget especially for sealing your cold smoked cheese blocks to age, for marinades and even short times in the freezer.

Back