THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yea.. I wanted to buy it also with some cash I got from fathers day.. Wonder if it's still going to be on sale when they get back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black is out of stock, but they still have the white, unless I just got the last one :grin:. The 20% off coupon code posted earlier also worked :thumb:. I added the 8" & 11" Rolls Multi-Pack for $32 after 20% off. My grand total for the unit and free box of quart bags that was included, and 5 pack of rolls came to $118.20.

Looking forward to trying it out, thanks Tish!

Also looking forward to getting back involved with the board, been a crazy 2 months, and its not over yet, but that's another story all together.

I'm also on my third one in about 10 years. I have the Professional III. Got last one from NewEgg. Yes the computer place.

As for the canisters I threw mine all out. After a while they crack and won't seal.

I got the mason jar attachment and a case of wide mouth mason jars. I seal brown sugar, coffee etc in them. I do like the marinating container when I use it.

I seal up my Jerky in it in small packages. I use the rolls instead of the bags so I can make a bag the size needed and limit waste.

I had one, not too long after the warranty expired the sensor failed that tells it full vac is reached, time to seal. Now all I have is a vac pump.
Going to look at the vp112, thanks for the tip.

I really like vac systems for BBQ left-overs!! I personally think microwaves mess with pork, so we always vac bag pulled pork. When you want to reheat from frig or freezer drop bag in large pan of water and proceed to get it to a boil. If the bag is heavy and doesn't spend too much time on the dry pan metal it will be some just-as-good -as-fresh Q. Try it.

It keeps my cheese great been able to save some bucks because of the vac.
I recently had some great rib eyes i didn't get to grill so i seasoned bagged man
they got a really nice flavor. GREAT PRODUCT

Seemed like a good deal using the 20% off (FSAVER20TW1) + free shipping over $100 so I ordered. Thanks Tish and Scummybear.

FoodSaver® GameSaver® 6-pack 8” x 20’ Long Rolls $39.99
The Gourmet Starter Kit - White $79.99
FoodSaver® (12) Liquid Block Quart Bags $0.00

Subtotal =
$119.98
S & H =
$0.00
Estimated Tax =
$0.00
Order Total =
$119.98

I'm not following why you guys are OK with being "on your third one in three years". Spend the money on a quality machine that will last for a LONG time. Another cheap machine or two and you could have gotten a good chamber machine that will even allow you to vacuum seal liquids.

Foodsaver not so good

OUT OF STOCK!

I'm in need of a beefier Foodsaver. I have the "starter model" and have worn it out. I'm looking at the "Gamesaver Silver" model for repetitive sealing. I wore out the sealing strip on mine from using it over and over and over and over and......

http://www.foodsaver.com/product.aspx?pid=8059

I'm not following why you guys are OK with being "on your third one in three years". Spend the money on a quality machine that will last for a LONG time. Another cheap machine or two and you could have gotten a good chamber machine that will even allow you to vacuum seal liquids.

I had an older foodsaver for 15 years and it worked great. Sharon got me a new one and it is not nearly as good an the old one. I looked at the gamesaver and there were a lot of reviews that said it was crap.

I am going to wait until as Jeff said. I can afford a quality machine that will last for a LONG time.

just picked up the V3880 Vacuum Sealer - The Master Chef Kit for $159.21

normal price on that kit is $317... giggity!

got 12 liquid block quart bags (whatever those are) as a free gift + free shipping, and that 20% off coupon code works by the way... :clap::becky:

had to pay tax tho... grrrr

I have the Vacmaster vp112 chamber machine and love it. I have had 3 food savers and none of them have lasted and the bags are super expensive. I have had it 4 months now and have sealed over 300 bags. The bags are about 10 cents each where a food saver bag will run you around 50 cents to $1 a bag. The chamber is big enough to do a whole pork butt or Brisket flat. I use it competitions, after I inject I vac seal with the extra juice for several hours and when I take it out to cook all of the juice is in the meat! The chamber machine I have is around $550 but its a industrial quality machine and not meant to be replaced every few years. I know everybody can't afford it but consider what you are getting for your money, you can pay for the machine with the bag savings. Just my opinion, hope it helps!

I'm all for looking at every option. I appreciate folks coming in with suggestions of other machines. I would have loved to have gotten one of the commercial for home use machines, but didn't have that kind of money to spend. My last foodsaver machine lasted 15 years, and then my husband got custody of that. This new one has been working great, and has already paid for itself in food that didn't have to get chucked from being freezer burned. The reason I started this post was for those who had already decided on a foodsaver, but were just waiting for the best deal. But by all means, investigate all your options, and buy the best machine you can afford. :smile:

Just another hint: free range crooks went on sale yesterday as an example.
I made up 2 batches of marinade, jointed and bagged them in it in portion sizes and froze them.
Those times when the easy options of fast food are calling, you are so glad to have a delicious alternative .
The thawing time let's the marinade get some flavours happening and if you are really busy you can sous vide and just reverse sear!
We also do packs of sausages and speck in portion sizes when I make batches.
May help someone ?

Back