Coming soon from Oakridge BBQ

Oh man, need to get my hands on this. I just looked on Oakridge BBQ's site and realized I have every one of their rubs with exception to the Experimental Edition Scorpion Chile Rub (sold out) and the Venison and Wild Game. Turns out that I must like their stuff :thumb:

Venison and Wild Game on lambsicles will change your life! For extra pop, glaze with a 3/1 mix of your favorite spicy BBQ sauce/prickly pear syrup (got this from Melissa Cookston’s lambsicles recipe). The only way I do lamb now...

I like the way this company thinks..I can honestly say the last two beefs I cooked (flat iron steak and chuck eye) my D.I.L. (a MOST PICKY EATER) MADE A POINT TO SAY SOMETHING WAS DIFFERENT AND SHE LOVED BOTH. That in itself is incredible.....

Last edited:
Hope to have it ready and in production within the next 45-60 days.

If one was making a purchase before then, could one hypothetically put in the checkout notes how much one would enjoy a sample of said rub and maybe get one thrown in the envelope? :)

We'll, I ran out of "Death Dust" this summer (I'm always putting that on my fatties, then letting them cook over a batch of pork and beans, brown sugar and peaches) it's always a hit! I'll be placing an order today.

The things you can do with Oakridge rubs.
My kids go crazy over the "Santa Maria Rub" when I sprinkle it on hamburger patties, then grill them.

We'll, I ran out of "Death Dust" this summer (I'm always putting that on my fatties, then letting them cook over a batch of pork and beans, brown sugar and peaches) so I'll be placing an order today.

The things you can do with Oakridge rubs.
My kids go crazy over the "Santa Maria Rub" when I sprinkle it on hamburger patties, then grill them.
IF you like rub on your burgers, check out BPS Cash Cow. I am drooling just thinking about it.

They put a lot of thought into every step of the process. Their products are of very high quality.

I think they need better branding/graphics though. It is not up to the level of the product itself. Just nitpicking.

They put a lot of thought into every step of the process. Their products are of very high quality.

I think they need better branding/graphics though. It is not up to the level of the product itself. Just nitpicking.

It could come in a brown paper bag and I'd still buy it just the same :tongue: . Rubs that come in a bottle with some zany cartoon like what's in my avatar are a dime a dozen. I think it looks refined and to the point....quality rub in a quality packaging that preserves its freshness. I'm admittedly biased though :thumb:

Last edited:
I bet most if not all of your rubs have chile's in them.

Paprika is a chile BTW. :wink:

I usually make my own spice blend. But I will give you this one....I love plowboys bovine bold for short ribs, chuck roasts, and packers, and it does contain chile pepper. BUT....it doesnt have the stuff they put in "chili powder" like cumin and other ingredients that taste like taco seasoning. I notice those flavors in BO.

Thank you, and I'm always open to suggestions. Let me have 'em!! :thumb: :thumb:

Last edited:

You are spot on. Compare the Oakridge packaging and graphics to a few competitors:wink:

Edit: I think most of you know I'm joking. Oakridge packaging conveys an upscale product that doesn't need loud, colorful packing or double entendres in its name.

Attachments

• file.jpg
    file.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 124
  • 3-month-subscription.jpeg
    3-month-subscription.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
I actually really like the oakridge packaging, I think it stands out against competitors when I go to the KC BBQ store. It’s always easy for me to find.

To Oakridge- I’m in the KC area frequently, do you guys have a store front at the plant or is it just industrial. I wouldn’t mind making a trip up there sometime to see how you guys do things.

If you're going for the mass produced grocery store market where you need to catch a customers eye, then I agree. Small batch producers on the other hand... :noidea:

I have no problem with the Oakridge packaging.

Back