Beef Ribs with Oakridge SPOGOS

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Beef ribs for today's meal.
Oakridge SPOGOS (salt, pepper,onion, garlic,other spices)
Had plans to use charcoal and chunks but another fire weather watch in effect and no desire to send sparks downrange.
Pellet cooker with Kingsford Hickory

Last edited:
Had the Oakridge SPOGOS out may as well smoke a meatloaf too.
Bride's Request-smoked meatloaf. She's not a big fan of beef ribs. No meatloaf recipe, just started putting everything you see and into cast iron loaf pan and into smoker with the ribs. Rotel original under the Oakridge packet.

Last edited:
Here's a funny thing about my pellet cooker. That little Shelf up top--- well that is usually in the way? I think food gets more smoked and cooks "evener" up there. The top of the chamber where heat and smoke rises, but there is so little room there. Anyway just something I've noticed as I usually remove that top shelf and store it out of the way.

So took the remaining meat from leftover ribs and shredded it. Placed it in a baggie with about a decent 4oz slice of smoked meatloaf. Eventually leftover tri tip, brisket, cheeks etc will be added to the freezer bag---- going to make some good chili.
Someday

I knew I smelled something good in that south wind....
Looks delicious. Glad to see you didn't blow away.

Winds to 50mph again today. Have TRI tip I need to cook, but don't want to use the pellet. Trimmed my trees and a large illegal oak tree dump from the alley that was pinstriping folks vehicles. I don't have too much freezer space but blessed they're full.
Month 4 almost in the books. Purchase no bourbon purchase no coals.
Have a great weekend everyone

Back