Coming soon from Oakridge BBQ

When is “soon”? I’m used to certain software development where “soon” can be a trademark and = years [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMHO, KC Mike & The Boys have a superior product and don't need "flashy" packaging, along the lines of what Andy just mentioned 2 above.

When you're the top of the charts, you don't need to be flashy or cute. You just need to be classy, understated, and easy to find/understand.

They've got that down in spades.

IMHO, KC Mike & The Boys have a superior product and don't need "flashy" packaging, along the lines of what Andy just mentioned 2 above.

When you're the top of the charts, you don't need to be flashy or cute. You just need to be classy, understated, and easy to find/understand.

They've got that down in spades.

If only more places did that.
/recalls the Clift hotel kicking out a “star” (was it Burt?) for not meeting the dress code

Any chance of shipping to Melbourne Australia Mike?

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

I'm hoping no more than 45-60 days...

Which is cool and all, but what if I want it closer to 4 or 5 days from now?

I mean, seems sort of uncool to drop a tease on what looks like a killer for SCA and then pull the rug out from under us with production times and reality.

Seriously, is there a preorder list? I’m all in on this stuff! It looks about perfect.

I mean, seems sort of uncool to drop a tease on what looks like a killer for SCA and then pull the rug out from under us with production times and reality.

Seriously, is there a preorder list? I’m all in on this stuff! It looks about perfect.

There's nothing wrong with announcing a product that's upcoming, especially with a relatively short horizon.

Mike posted that if you make an order now and ask in your notes for a sample you MIGHT get one.

There's nothing wrong with announcing a product that's upcoming, especially with a relatively short horizon.

Mike posted that if you make an order now and ask in your notes for a sample you MIGHT get one.

Good marketing. I need something to supplement my Yardbird.

Then you would be out of luck.

Mike did say it's a Prototype rub, even says pre-production prototype sample right on the label. Probably looking for some additional feedback before he finalizes the recipe.

It's called product development and as of right now samples were only available to teams at the American Royal. Read the first post.

Then you would be out of luck.

Mike did say it's a Prototype rub, even says pre-production prototype sample right on the label. Probably looking for some additional feedback before he finalizes the recipe.

It's called product development and as of right now samples were only available to teams at the American Royal. Read the first post.

It's called light heart joking from an excited customer. I have no trouble understanding what was posted. But, like a kid seeing presents piling up under the tree before Christmas, I wish today was tomorrow and I could score some of this stuff now. I am not criticizing their posting about it before it is released. I don't have any concern about the production time. I am not at all confused on what is happening here. Lighten up.

Last edited:
It's called light heart joking from an excited customer. I have no trouble understanding what was posted. But, like a kid seeing presents piling up under the tree before Christmas, I wish today was tomorrow and I could score some of this stuff now. I am not criticizing their posting about it before it is released. I don't have any concern about the production time. I am not at all confused on what is happening here. Lighten up.

Andy is about as light of a guy as you would ever want to meet, unless of course he's packing some Malort!

I'm hoping no more than 45-60 days...

Looking forward to that. Ever think about making a chili powder or fruit forward rub (all I know about your product is what I've read here and people seem to love it)?

I think they need better branding/graphics though. It is not up to the level of the product itself. Just nitpicking.

I must say I think the packaging and the graphics on them strike me as very classy and high quality, which I much prefer to the cartoon graphics of so many others. The fact the packaging is resealable, opaque to light, and designed to preserve the ingredients certainly adds to the quality cues.

My only suggestion would be more quality control on the packaging, as two of my last five purchases had resealable plastic press seals that wouldn’t reseal . . . .

My only suggestion would be more quality control on the packaging, as two of my last five purchases had resealable plastic press seals that wouldn’t reseal . . . .

Sorry about that, OKlaDustDevil... We have a process to weed out any bags with bad zippers, but it is a manual process and sometimes we miss a couple.

Sure, we can ship one to AU. It will run about $24 USD for shipping.

Thanks Mike. I checked your distribution network here. Some places in Sydney all sold out. Nothing in Melbourne at all. I will definately pony up for some of your stuff to make the shipping worthwhile.

Cheers!

Just got this cool sticker in the mail today with the rubs I ordered from Mike.
No, Not that sticker :mmph: the one below that one :rolleyes:

IMG_4633_zpswl7gp3nw.jpg

Thanks for the lighting fast shipping and that cool Sticker, Mike :thumb:
Already stuck in my cooking area!

I like the way this company thinks..I can honestly say the last two beefs I cooked (flat iron steak and chuck eye) my D.I.L. (a MOST PICKY EATER) MADE A POINT TO SAY SOMETHING WAS DIFFERENT AND SHE LOVED BOTH. That in itself is incredible.....

HA!!! old age......I meant to say i purchased some Carne Costa (I think) and it made my daughter in law take notice....CAN NOT WAIT to put it on a brisket.....a most excellent rub IMHO.....

Back