ATTN NoILFo's - Helping a Brother...

Guys,
I am hoping to have "snacks" throughout the night for the workers and for the local law enforcement - and any hungry folk that may need a bite. I'm thinking MOINKs, ABTs, maybe some ribs. Anything else you can think of?

I'll pick up some "Lutheran Beverage" - or hoppy sodas (isn't that what you called them, Marty?) :) - if you have a request for a brand, let me know.
I thought Presbytarians cornered the market on "Church" beverages.

I thought Presbytarians cornered the market on "Church" beverages.

Catholics invented the church key~! We will be good and looks like I might make it out of STL a little earlier than expected. Also I will be makin Biscuits and Gravy for the early crowd... Oh and the famous Shane breakfast burrito!!!!

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

Hey Dan...

How much coffee do we need for the volunteers, etc? How many people? Do you want coffee just in the morning or overnight, too?

Sorry Guys, that I can't make this one. It would be on my priority list if it weren't for Vacation Bible School this week. I will be praying for God to make this a success, though.

As far as my odors go. Habitual flatulence is a choice, not an affliction.

Marty, that'll be awesome!

Ron, overnight will most likely just be Marty, you, and me (and the kids). As far as volunteers in the morning, I don't know how many to expect - probably not too many - ten or so?????

Shane, sorry you can't make it. Thanks for the prayers, though.

Ron, overnight will most likely just be Marty, you, and me (and the kids). As far as volunteers in the morning, I don't know how many to expect - probably not too many - ten or so?????

OK... I don't need coffee overnight. I can survive on water and soda. How about you and Marty?

For the morning I'll bring my 50 cup pot and enough pre-ground coffee to make two pots. One is probably more than enough, but i would hate to run out :)

I'm planning on roasting on Wednesday evening, so if things change just let me know.

Sometime before Friday afternoon can you let me know where I am going? I can just drive to Manito and starting asking for you, but folks may get the wrong idea :becky:

Ron,
I'm not sure where you're going :)
Seriously, I'm not. Here's the deal. We will be serving at the Oney's Parking lot (our former grocery store), which in on the main road through town. I am trying to get permission to use the building overnight on Friday and on Saturday for a/c, water, bathrooms, etc. It is in the process of being sold. Nobody can give me permission to use it now...hopefully by tomorrow. If that doesn't work out, we will cook here at the church and then move over to the parking lot for serving - not too big a deal - about a mile away. I'd rather cook there and not have to break down and move...but, if that's not possible, at least we'll be here and have access to both my house and the church. I'll let you know ASAP.

Check coolers! Adambomb has football until about 9 and he got to go home and shower. Not ridin in the truck with a stinky kid. (Thats like ridin in a vehicle with Shane :heh:)You think of anything else you might need lemme know. Charcoal ect ect If you all wood I have a little bit....

Ash

Hey Ash, how old is your boy? I may be able to swing a small road trip (3 1/2 hours ain't that bad!) this weekend and I know my 10-year-old would really dig it.

CONDITION: I have NOT yet checked with my personal assistant (WIFE) about this idea, so I may be talkin out my arse!!

I know it can be a bit hectic trying to pull the meat and get it all ready at once, so if I (we) can help out and my schedule allows, can we be of assistance?

Wampus, you'd be more than welcomed! I have a 12 y/o son and an 11 y/o daughter, too. So, you're kid would not be without kids his age. If you can make it, please do - if not, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers...

Wampus, you'd be more than welcomed! I have a 12 y/o son and an 11 y/o daughter, too. So, you're kid would not be without kids his age. If you can make it, please do - if not, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers...

GREAT! I'll check with the wife tonight and let you know. This will be the first time I get to meet any of the Brethren, so REALLY hoping it works out.

NOW, to recap: You'll start cooking Friday night, serve around 10:30 on Sat and the whole thing would be over on Sat afternoon? SO....I could potentially be back home Sat night? I got that straight? Did I see mention of something going on on Sunday too or no?

Thanks, anyway, Bull.

Wampus, yes, the benefit will be over at 1:30 on Saturday, Lord willing. Earlier if we run out. The only thing on my schedule for Sunday is church...you're welcome to stay for that.

Marty, you and Adam are staying Sat night, right? What about you, Ron?

Thanks, anyway, Bull.

Wampus, yes, the benefit will be over at 1:30 on Saturday, Lord willing. Earlier if we run out. The only thing on my schedule for Sunday is church...you're welcome to stay for that.

Marty, you and Adam are staying Sat night, right? What about you, Ron?

Dont know yet! Depends on Adam mood!

You are more than welcome to stay, if ya like - we even have indoor plumbing at our house :)

BTW PM me your address so I can plug it into the GPS for the ride there. Also anything you need me to bring Can get Jalapeno's for the Mexican grocery store. If anyone who is coming want some ARMKP I can get them and bring them up there.

Back