2nd MOINK Ball Day (5th of June 2010)

You're not outside in the back in your slingshot are you?
Good thing the resolution at THAT level isn't that good.

Guerry, something tells me that there is always a satellite watching your house. Chris' house, too.
Yep, it was launched when I was just a few years old. My dad designed it personally for me just to keep tabs. I think it's since been taken over by the black helicopter folk.:shock:

There are. The city of Lebanon Kansas, is only 263 miles from me and has been considered the geographic center of the United States since 1918 as determined by finding the balancing point on a cardboard cutout in the shape of the United States.

Alternatively, if you find the geographic center of the United States by mathematically calculating the point halfway between the northernmost to southernmost and the easternmost to westernmost coordinates, you get Grenola Kansas which is only 183 miles away from me.

Interestingly enough, Coffeyville Kansas is the default center starting point in Google Maps which starts showing the contiguous 48 states of the United States, Coffeyville is only 161 miles from here.

If you average these 3 by distance, then I am only 202 miles away from the exact center of the United States, and there are MOINK Balls made here.:cool: I'm on the map...

if you find the geographic center of the United States by mathematically calculating the point halfway between the northernmost to southernmost and the easternmost to westernmost coordinates, you get Grenola Kansas which is only 183 miles away from me.

But what if you assumed all World MOINK Ball Day participants on that map had an equal mass of MOINK on their cookers? Where will the center of MOINK mass be on June 5th? (you may fudge factor elevation for this important exercise).

There are. The city of Lebanon Kansas, is only 263 miles from me and has been considered the geographic center of the United States since 1918 as determined by finding the balancing point on a cardboard cutout in the shape of the United States.

Alternatively, if you find the geographic center of the United States by mathematically calculating the point halfway between the northernmost to southernmost and the easternmost to westernmost coordinates, you get Grenola Kansas which is only 183 miles away from me.

Interestingly enough, Coffeyville Kansas is the default center starting point in Google Maps which starts showing the contiguous 48 states of the United States, Coffeyville is only 161 miles from here.

If you average these 3 by distance, then I am only 202 miles away from the exact center of the United States, and there are MOINK Balls made here.:cool: I'm on the map...

And if you take the number of people who give a rat's a$$ about all of that, and then divide that by the number of people who call themselves a mad BBQ scientist, you end up with the number of bacon slices that it takes to make two standard MONK balls. :becky: :clap2: :boxing:

BTW, we'll be making MOINK balls in Knoxville, IA at the LP Que 2 competition in honor of World MOINK Ball Day!

Okay, guys and gals...

If you want to qualify for the special commemorative World MOINK Ball Day certificate you must mail me a small write about where you did the MOINK Balls and how you did them along with enough pictures to document the entry.

The pictures and write up will appear on my blog so your emailing me the information and pictures constitutes your permission to use them. (You, however, maintain all ownership...for those who want to get nit picky)

All entries must be received by 11:59pm on June 7th.

Have a great WORLD MOINK BALL DAY...

moinkballday@moinkballs.com

Oh, man!! I really wanted a shirt for tomorrow....

Will have to make due with a printed sign hung up near the off-set for the pics....

How long does one have to wait having no MOINK before they are again considered a MOINK virgin?

Back