THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question. Where do we post these pics?

To get a certificate you MUST email your photos to moink@thebbqgrail.com no later than Midnight 6/6/2011 (PST).

Photos must include proof that MOINK Balls were made with IMBAS standards. Also include the name you want on the certificate. Emailing your pictures to me will constitute permission to use them on my blog.

Posting your pictures here or anywhere else on the forum will not get you a certificate. Other than this thread...this time I no longer open or read threads with MOINK Balls in them. (Email me and I'll explain why...)

Have fun...

Of course, when I've made them pretty much EVERY weekend for a couple months..the ONE day I'm not doing it, my birthday, is certification day!:doh:

Can't wait! The timing is perfect, I'm hosting an anniversary party for my Dad. I'm putting two 10# butts on tomorrow. On Saturday it will be 12 racks of ribs and of course the moinks!

Well, Unless somone from Europe gets in before me, I'll be the first to post my MOINKS for International MOINK Ball Day.

Here goes...

I posted a few months ago, that I'd finally found pre-made meatballs in Australia, in COSTCO... of course! That meant I'd not have to rely on the NOSKOS rule for my second MOINK Ball effort..

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE WORD "MOINK" NEEDS TO BE IN CAPITALS AT ALL TIMES. THIS IS THE AGREED INTERNATIONAL NOMENCLATURE FOR MOINKS AND IS REQUIRED TO BE ADHERED TO ON PAIN OF INTERNATIONAL RIDICULE, AND ALMOST CERTAIN IMBAS EX-COMMUNICATION....

Ahem... Back to regular programming...

Here's my indgredients:
GullyGardens-20110604_045.jpg

Now, in Austrlia, our bacon is a bit different and I could not get any plain streaky bacon, which is simply "bacon" in the US. SO I bought the full "Middle Cut" bacon, and trimmed as required...

The bacon:
GullyGardens-20110604_047.jpg

And trimmed:
GullyGardens-20110604_048.jpg

And wrapped:
GullyGardens-20110604_049.jpg

I used "Southern" Creole seasoning. This is made in the USA, but I've never seen anyone use it on the forum before, so I'm not sure how genuine it is... but it is very good in my opinion...

GullyGardens-20110604_050.jpg

GullyGardens-20110604_051.jpg

Now, I'm doing this at my perents farm... 160 miles from Melbourne. I brought all the ingredients up with me so as not to miss the International MOINK BALL DAY... but all I got here is a gasser....:doh:

GullyGardens-20110604_052.jpg

So after seasoning, I put the MOINKS as indirect as I could on the Gasser...
GullyGardens-20110604_053.jpg

And after an hour or so, indirect, they were looking pretty good!
GullyGardens-20110604_054.jpg

So then they were ready for some Sauce...
GullyGardens-20110604_057.jpg

I used a small coffee cup to dip them in so I could get more height per dip!:mod:
GullyGardens-20110604_058.jpg

My Mum took this photo of me having fun!
GullyGardens-20110604_059.jpg

All coated, then back in the gasser to glaze...
GullyGardens-20110604_061.jpg

30 minutes later...
GullyGardens-20110604_063.jpg

GullyGardens-20110604_065.jpg

GullyGardens-20110604_068.jpg

My Mum, serving up... getting into the act...
GullyGardens-20110604_069.jpg

Son #2...
GullyGardens-20110604_072.jpg

A close-up...
GullyGardens-20110604_075.jpg

Not a bad smoke ring for a gasser....
GullyGardens-20110604_077.jpg

Anyway, the MOINKS were delicious. Hope you liked the shots and hope this kicks off a super International MOINK Ball day!

Cheers!

Bill

I'm in,I tried before but posted on here and didn't e-mail Larry.Doing a Chuckie today anyway and have room for MIONKS.

SmokinAussie - Aus-some start to an awesome day! The apple clearly doesn't fall far from the tree. Great stuff - thanks for posting! :clap2:

Back