THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorry guys but I don't have Phinished Pron...

IMG_4892.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

IMG_4890.jpg

IMG_4895.jpg

IMG_4893.jpg

IMG_4896.jpg

IMG_4899.jpg

IMG_4897.jpg

Boise joins the MOINK Fest! Using some of my own buckboard bacon for wrapping them. A little challenging as it is extremely lean and not as elastic as belly bacon. Pics to follow...

MOINK Balls. What else is there to say:thumb:

Actually had a bit of a time finding all beef, low and behold... Winn Dixie! Hit the meat balls with Cooper's Old Time Seasoning that my cuz sent to me, wrapped them in bacon, more seasoning, and for grins, hit them with cayenne.
MOINK1.jpg
MOINK4.jpg

Smoked on the Pro Q with a chunk of apple
MOINK5.jpg

Glazed with Big Butz Cranberry:thumb:
MOINK6.jpg

Ready to chow down! Happy MOINK Ball Day to all, and thanks for looking.
MOINK8.jpg
It was fun
MOINK9.jpg

Last edited:
hot damn! love all the balls!

wait...back up.

great food guys!

i farked up. thought tomorrow was MOINK ball day. well, it will be for ME!

Not looking for a certificate, so no pictures of the qualifying ingredients. You're going to have to trust me when I say I used frozen beef meatballs and real bacon. And since I was in the mood for something different, I made Teriyaki MOINK.

IMG_0932.jpg

It was accompanied by grilled fresh pineapple, grilled onions, and bacon-wrapped stuffed peppers.

IMG_0933.jpg

The MOINK was made in accordance to IMBAS rules, using frozen beef meatballs wrapped in bacon, dusted with some homemade rib rub, and glazed for the last 15 minutes of cooking with a mixture of Yoshida’s Gourmet sauce, honey, and brown sugar.

IMG_0936.jpg

My wife wanted me to make flying saucer MOINK by wrapping the pineapple around the MOINK as the end of the cook, but I didn’t cut the holes in the middle big enough to pull it off.

Besides, I was hungry and the MOINK was getting cold…

Culver City MOINKs

Greetings, Ladies and Gentlemen. I am proud to have participated in the MOINK festivities. It has truly been a great day and I'm sure tomorrow will be no different. I will soon respectfully and humbly tender my application for IMBAS MOINK certification to the proper authorities. For the rest of you farkers, here goes:

Here's what I used

ingredients.jpg

Here they are rubbed & ready

rubbed.jpg

Cooking in my beloved 26" Weber Kettle

cooking-2.jpg

Put together a little sauce with this stuff

sauce.jpg

Sauce setting on the balls :shocked:

saucedup.jpg

Let's eat! :hungry:

plated.jpg

I had a ball.

I've Got MOINK Balls
I've Got MOINK Balls
And They're Such Big Balls
Dirty MOINK Balls
And He's Got MOINK Balls
And She's Got MOINK Balls
But We've Got The Biggest MOINK's Of Them All

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
In honor of this auspicious date, I may just have to throw some on the grill this evening prior to the burgers.:thumb:

Well, as the only LIFO IMBAS member, (frozen meatballs being anathema to many of the folks around these parts, especially those with lots of vowels in their last names.....) I could not pass up the opportunity.

Thawed out the last 7 in the bag, dusted with Heffer Dust, wrapped in bacon and finished with a glaze of KC Masterpiece spiked with AJ and an nice splash of Jim Beam, mighty tasty!

(Sorry, no pics, I tried once again to upload them but the upload failed.)

Back