Who needs Taco Bell.......

BobBrisket

Name or Nickame
Bob
when you have Taco Bob! Quickie beans and rice and then defrosted a bag of pulled pork I had done in the roaster oven a while back. Pics tell the story. They did not suck!:thumb:
WP_20140412_002_zps72c55bf0.jpg

WP_20140412_003_zpsac90fca8.jpg

WP_20140412_004_zps250eebb5.jpg

Sour cream, cheese, meat, beans, rice and some green stuff to make em healthy!:laugh:
WP_20140412_005_zps21b0d132.jpg

WP_20140412_006_zpsb5f4bc13.jpg

Square burritos!:shocked:
WP_20140412_007_zps40e6d0d2.jpg

WP_20140412_008_zps9ee41277.jpg

My monster quesadilla! Had to get creative when it came to flipping it. Had to use the cutting board!:becky:
WP_20140412_012_zpsb72449a9.jpg

WP_20140412_013_zpsd9788ce0.jpg

WP_20140412_014_zpsbb202ad8.jpg

Served on the cutting board. It was too big for a plate!:becky:
WP_20140412_017_zps4a5ef99d.jpg

Crappy phone pics, but you get the idea!:thumb:

Great looking dish Bob! Did someone steal that smoke ring from the PP?:cop:

I've been pondering what i'm gonna cook for the cinco....so far i just have tequila. :becky:

Great looking dish Bob! Did someone steal that smoke ring from the PP?:cop:

I've been pondering what i'm gonna cook for the cinco....so far i just have tequila. :becky:

The roaster stole the SR. Already had the butts defrosted and the weather outside was wind and sand.....our lovely dust storms. Just tossed in the roaster oven with some liquid (beer), bay leaves, onion, potato, celery, garlic, and cumin. That was the last bag. :tsk:

The roaster stole the SR. Already had the butts defrosted and the weather outside was wind and sand.....our lovely dust storms. Just tossed in the roaster oven with some liquid (beer), bay leaves, onion, potato, celery, garlic, and cumin. That was the last bag. :tsk:
I bet it was a tough decision to use the roaster! :laugh: Any liquid smoke? :becky: I know i've used it. Hope it has along shelf life because it's been in my cupboard for years.

I bet it was a tough decision to use the roaster! :laugh: Any liquid smoke? :becky: I know i've used it. Hope it has along shelf life because it's been in my cupboard for years.

Actually, not at all. The nice thing about the roaster is......well, we had a huge batch of roast pork. The roasted veggies were fantastic. Plus, I got about two gallon zips of pork stock. Plus, while smoked is nice, roasted just gets the flavor all up in the meat. I could still taste the cumin and the veggies in the meat.
Funny how we smoke beef to make pepper stout, then toss it in the roaster!:becky:
No liquid smoke, but I did use some Dale's. Plus, the house smelled incredible for days...........much to my wife's dismay!!:laugh:

OK saving this to my recipe thread - looks awesome! Going to do something similar but with corn tortillas ... we cut out a lot of processed foods and stuff (flour tortillas was amongst that casualties of war)...

OK saving this to my recipe thread - looks awesome! Going to do something similar but with corn tortillas ... we cut out a lot of processed foods and stuff (flour tortillas was amongst that casualties of war)...

The wheat torts are good too. :thumb: Don't know if those fall into that list. I prefer the wheat. They aren't as pliable, but toast up much better!:thumb:

Nice work. I just got the best laugh, BTW. We had a kid that grew up in our neighborhood whose nickname was Taco Bob. Political correctness hadn't been invented yet I guess.

Pass on the beans but the rest looks awesome!

You're like my daughter!:becky: My son, on the other hand, loves a FULL bean burrito with cheese! She's not a fan of the "musical food" either, BUT she still makes the music!:laugh:

Back