THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

During s-i-p, we were getting our meat from (and supporting) a local pub and made carne asada weekly, but it's been quite a while and I can't wait to try this version. Thanks

Nice ride! Even stock I think ZR1's are scary enough. :grin: C6's are my favorite gen corvettes behind the C2's. My dream is a 63 split window. I can only dream.
Get a split 63 soon as you can because the price is only going up, but you already know that.

As much as I like older Vettes, I'd still rather have the C8. IMO the C5 is the least appealing with its massive rear end. It's like the Kim Kardashian of Corvettes.

I need to get on your burrito level for sure, I lived in Cali for 10 years when I was younger and miss all the Mexican food.

I don't know which one I'd like to take a run at first. But definitely both. Congrats on the Vette. I'm sure it was worth the wait. I've only seen one in the wild so far.

Thanks,

Robert

Great looking meal and congrats on a fine looking Vette, Sako! That is one sweet ride. It must be nice to be able to drive year round. My 91 NSX is under cover for the winter in my garage. New England is nice, most of the year, but not now.

The C8 is the first vette to get me excited in a while...not to take away from the C7..as its a great ride...just didnt grab me like the C8.

Enjoy!

Thanks Barry!

Yup! While nice also but the C7 didn't do anything for me either. I had a C6 that I had a lot of fun with but this is a whole another animal.

You can tell it's an LA burrito because it has filler like rice and beans :) That aside, what an awesome looking burrito.

Thanks!

Funny things is I never ever like filler rice in my burrito and I always ask to hold the rice. I only added a bit because I made it. So agree with you.

Oh and how but the San Diego filler in certain burritos?? The potato. :laugh: :thumb:

Get a split 63 soon as you can because the price is only going up, but you already know that.

As much as I like older Vettes, I'd still rather have the C8. IMO the C5 is the least appealing with its massive rear end. It's like the Kim Kardashian of Corvettes.

Absolutely! :laugh: I remember when the C5 debuted and I was in love. Then when they shortened up the booty in the C6, got rid of the pop up lights, I quickly forgot about the C5.

I need to get on your burrito level for sure, I lived in Cali for 10 years when I was younger and miss all the Mexican food.

Pretty simple to do brother. Basically the KISS method applies.

Nicely marinated meat, beans, onion, cilantro, salsa roja and cheese which is optional. Only challenge is finding a big tortillas though I'm lucky as costco business sells 14" tortillas which is key.

I don't know which one I'd like to take a run at first. But definitely both. Congrats on the Vette. I'm sure it was worth the wait. I've only seen one in the wild so far.

Thanks,

Robert

Thanks Robert!

Worth the wait for sure and one point I thought it would never be since a lot of folks had their orders cancelled by GM due to COVID, supply shortages and the UAW strike. Crazy year for sure. Mine was the second one that I saw in real life other than the auto show in late 2019.

Great looking meal and congrats on a fine looking Vette, Sako! That is one sweet ride. It must be nice to be able to drive year round. My 91 NSX is under cover for the winter in my garage. New England is nice, most of the year, but not now.

Thanks Dom!

Blessed in being able to use the car year round for sure. I love the NSX's. :razz: They still turn heads every time I see one cruising around. Truly timeless cars. I'd love to see a pic if you can.

gHlLsNWh.jpg

... very pleased to see there is space for another in there Sako ...

Thanks Dom!

Blessed in being able to use the car year round for sure. I love the NSX's. :razz: They still turn heads every time I see one cruising around. Truly timeless cars. I'd love to see a pic if you can.

Here ya go, Sako.

Pic taken at NSXPO in Raleigh NC a number of years ago. 110 NSXs in attendance. It was a great ride down there from Massachusetts. Even the Mrs found the car comfortable to travel in despite its stiff suspension -

6wdqoXa.jpg

And a more recent pic at my Acura dealership parked next to the new generation NSX -

9RTLdlR.jpg

I'm still loving those pics of your C8. What a sweet ride! Enjoy the heck out of it.

-Dom

Drooling! :shock: I've always loved NSX's and I was seriously considering the current gen. Such under appreciated cars IMHO. I was in high school when they came out originally and a far reach for me at the time. Naturally! :grin:

Thanks Dom and thank you for the pics. I love cars. :biggrin1:

Oh and Merry Christmas Sir!!

Here ya go, Sako.

Pic taken at NSXPO in Raleigh NC a number of years ago. 110 NSXs in attendance. It was a great ride down there from Massachusetts. Even the Mrs found the car comfortable to travel in despite its stiff suspension -

6wdqoXa.jpg

And a more recent pic at my Acura dealership parked next to the new generation NSX -

9RTLdlR.jpg

I'm still loving those pics of your C8. What a sweet ride! Enjoy the heck out of it.

-Dom

More of a bike person myself, but I found this article in the NYT very interesting - it seems incredible to me that the original engine was designed so long ago ... a bit like BBQ - get the fundamentals right and you can support any amount of add-ons :mrgreen: . That link you had Sako to the vette burbling off down the street sounded great.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/10/...orvette-sbc.html?referringSource=articleShare

PS: I was fascinated that a key player in the story was named Arkus and was from Russia, as my father's name was Arcus and he came from Shetland.

Interesting.

Yup! He had been pushing/dreaming for a mid engine corvette a real long time. There are hints of him on the C8. One for example is on the lower right side of the windshield. He's dream and vision finally came true.

gjfZ1quh.jpg

More of a bike person myself, but I found this article in the NYT very interesting - it seems incredible to me that the original engine was designed so long ago ... a bit like BBQ - get the fundamentals right and you can support any amount of add-ons :mrgreen: . That link you had Sako to the vette burbling off down the street sounded great.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/10/...orvette-sbc.html?referringSource=articleShare

PS: I was fascinated that a key player in the story was named Arkus and was from Russia, as my father's name was Arcus and he came from Shetland.

How did I miss this thread earlier this week? The subject is two of my favorite things (isn't there a song this time of year that proclaims that very statement?). You rocked on both the car and the cook, Sako! I guess with your current Covid regulations out there, there is less traffic so it's safer to take the car out and "open" it up every once in a while :heh:

Back