THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh man....the food looks great but I love the car. I had a Z06 before kid life and my goal is a C8 for my 40th birthday in a few years.

Great idea for a raffle. Winner gets to cruise around with Sako, decide In-N-Out is too busy so you go make and eat burritos.

Put me down for ten tickets.

I’d say it’s time to leave some rubber residue all over town !!!!!

After the tiered break in period for sure. :mrgreen: The redline is limited to 4500 rpm for the first 500 miles then jumps to 6500 rpm and so on. After 1500 miles she'll be free. Still have about 1400 miles to go. :grin:

Great looking burrito, you always nail the Mexican food. Also a belated congrats on the car. Like Erik I have done stuff for the car but, wasn't able to enjoy it as much as you :-D Have fun brother!

Thanks Joe! Tacos and burritos are an L.A. staple just like burgers, fries and shakes.

Thank you Joe and Erik. Couldn't have happened without countless people like yourselves.

Burritos look killer and that is one sweet ride, Sako! Have fun and enjoy!

Thanks Joe!

I wanna see you eat one of those while driving that car. How many cup holders does that car have?

Ed

Maybe in a Tesla on autopilot but I doubt in this one Ed. :laugh: Two cup holders.

Sako, I've only had LA street tacos a couple of times and they were really good.. but yours? They look crazy good.

Thanks brother! Anytime you're out here.

That is a pretty car! I don't really get excited about cars, except my uncle sort of got me interested in Vettes. Probably be fun!

Now about the food. YIKES! That looks awesome! I have not done salsa roja but I love the spicy stuff I have eaten on carne asada tacos at places. Is yours spicy?

Thanks Jeremy!

I usually make mine spicy. When doing it for guests I scale back a little. This one I did different by roasting green tomatoes from the garden, one ripe tomato, roasted jalapeno,spices, dried chiles that were soaked. Brought it to boil an simmered a few mins. Into the blender and let it cool.

Insanely good! I've been into the runny salsas lately.

Oh man....the food looks great but I love the car. I had a Z06 before kid life and my goal is a C8 for my 40th birthday in a few years.

Thanks Suds!

I hear you man. I got my first vette, a C6 right after my divorce at 33. :biggrin1: Still single so it was only right to hop back in another one as I was vettless for couple years after totaling the C6.:tape: C8 is def the right one to get into. Perfect age to enjoy em IMHO so def rooting for you. :clap2:

Thanks Suds!

I hear you man. I got my first vette, a C6 right after my divorce at 33. :biggrin1: Still single so it was only right to hop back in another one as I was vettless for couple years after totaling the C6.:tape: C8 is def the right one to get into. Perfect age to enjoy em IMHO so def rooting for you. :clap2:
My son's buddy bought a 2013 ZR1 last year then put it in the shop for $25k of modifications. Came out with 930 whp and over 900 ft-lb torque. Scariest car I've ever been in. Went from a 30 roll to 130 in just a few seconds. Took a vid after I got out to change my shorts.

2013 ZR1 930 whp

A cool ride and a carne asada burrito - that's some L.A. chit right there! :cool:

Gotta check out that Chef Merito rub. You familiar with the Salsa Sinaloa stuff? Tony & Maribel turned me on to it - all I've tried is the chicken rub, but it's pretty great.

Good, Lawd, Sako!

Ain't nuthin' slow in that post!

Fast food! Fast ride!

Christmas ALREADY here!

Thanks Suds!

I had a hopped up C5 Z06 by 30 so I figure a C8 by 40 is a good goal :becky:

Great idea for a raffle. Winner gets to cruise around with Sako, decide In-N-Out is too busy so you go make and eat burritos.

Put me down for ten tickets.

That's a win win there I suppose Charles. :biggrin1:

My son's buddy bought a 2013 ZR1 last year then put it in the shop for $25k of modifications. Came out with 930 whp and over 900 ft-lb torque. Scariest car I've ever been in. Went from a 30 roll to 130 in just a few seconds. Took a vid after I got out to change my shorts.

2013 ZR1 930 whp

Nice ride! Even stock I think ZR1's are scary enough. :grin: C6's are my favorite gen corvettes behind the C2's. My dream is a 63 split window. I can only dream.

A cool ride and a carne asada burrito - that's some L.A. chit right there! :cool:

Gotta check out that Chef Merito rub. You familiar with the Salsa Sinaloa stuff? Tony & Maribel turned me on to it - all I've tried is the chicken rub, but it's pretty great.

Thanks Greg!!

I haven't really tried salsa Sinaloa products. I like Chef Merito and most anything they put out from rubs to marinates are top notch when you're on the go. I've even seen markets just season their carne asada with Chef Merito behind the counter. :mrgreen:

Give it a shot. They're readily available around here. From chicken, fish, pork, beef seafood rubs and marinades. Good stuff when you're on the "go"

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
The C8 is the first vette to get me excited in a while...not to take away from the C7..as its a great ride...just didnt grab me like the C8.

Enjoy!

Back