THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great news on your daughter coming home! Hope you can get her the dog quickly.

I don’t have a baked bean recipe, I just doctor Bush beans a little, but nothing special.

If you are a great cook, I’m sure you could make this a weekly thing to help pay for you daughters expenses. When I was growing up there was a retired cook in my neighborhood who sold soul food out of his house one night a week to supplement his retirement income. It was the best soul food I ever had in my life, and I still judge any I eat against his cooking. He didn’t advertise, and you had to know him to even buy from him, but one night a week he was always cooking like crazy and had a steady flow of people to his house.

I’m sure he was flying under the radar, as this was decades ago and before we became a litigious society.
If you do the same today you may want to try to protect yourself legally and financially.

Wishing you the best!
Chris

Last edited:
Robb, I had my wife jot down her baked bean recipe. We make it for our friends/family get togethers and it's always a hit. The key is that you've got to smoke it for about 2 hours uncovered. I usually will put it in the smoker the last 2 hours of cooking something else like ribs or brisket, so the cooking temp is usually around 215-225.

Famous Smoked Beans

• 1 medium onion, small dice
• 1 medium red bell pepper, small dice
• 1 medium red bell pepper, small dice
• 1 small fresh, jalapeno, small dice (optional)
• A few slices of bacon, diced
• 2 large cans (28 oz) maple baked beans (any brand)
• 2 small cans chili beans (do not rinse) or 2 small cans of any other type of beans (drained/rinsed)
• 1-2 tbsp spicey brown mustard
• 1 -2 tbsp ketchup
• 1-2 tbsp brown sugar
• 1-2 tbsp bbq sauce (any flavor)
• Couple dashes of Pepper

Fry chopped bacon in large, deep skillet until brown/crispy. Add onions, peppers, jalapenos and saute until tender. Add beans, brown sugar, ketchup, mustard and bring to a simmer. Transfer beans to a large aluminum pan or a pan (13x9), sprinkle with pepper. Smoke for about 2 hours.

Congratulations on the homecoming, also I have found any bean recipe is elevated with the addition of a smoked nakid Fatty or two.

Back