THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Robb
A little background:
Some of you may already know, many of you probably do not. We have a 16 year old daughter that has been in full-time residential treatment for just shy of three years. She is graduating next month and will be returning home… to which we are extremely excited and anxious all at the same time. As part of her ongoing well-being/stability, we are currently working with a dog trainer who is preparing a highly trained therapy dog to assist in meeting her emotional and mental needs. Dogs like this do not come cheap! We are still about $12k away from meeting our goal of $20k.

Why am I telling you all of this? Because I need a fantastic baked bean recipe… LOL!

You see, my wife volunteered me to cook BBQ dinners that we would be selling as a fundraiser for friends/family. I am totally on board with this and quite excited… but, I am really in need of a “knock your socks off“ BBQ baked bean recipe that is fairly easy and inexpensive to make.

Whatcha guys got?

Wampus’s Peach Baked Beans are a huge home run... made them for my daughter’s grad party, and even non-bb fans were loving them. Who would think there is magic in peach pie filling....

Oh yes, another one I have been wanting to try for sometime now! Thank you for the reminder :)

I’ve never made my own baked beans recipe so nothing to add. Just wanted to say congrats on your daughter coming home!

First off, your a good man, with a better wife as your rock ...

I have no recommendations but I’ll throw the wampum beans in as well.

Nope, never had them, never made them. However, alllll the people I’ve seen rave about them can’t be wrong...

Go get’em!

Cant help with the Baked Beans, but great new on your Daughters forthcoming Achievement.
Our Assistance Dogs cost about $35.000 to train and are supplied Gratis.
I was just reading about them, your post opened my eyes.
They are on the list for our Christmas Donations

A little background:
Some of you may already know, many of you probably do not. We have a 16 year old daughter that has been in full-time residential treatment for just shy of three years. She is graduating next month and will be returning home… to which we are extremely excited and anxious all at the same time. As part of her ongoing well-being/stability, we are currently working with a dog trainer who is preparing a highly trained therapy dog to assist in meeting her emotional and mental needs. Dogs like this do not come cheap! We are still about $12k away from meeting our goal of $20k.

Why am I telling you all of this? Because I need a fantastic baked bean recipe… LOL!

You see, my wife volunteered me to cook BBQ dinners that we would be selling as a fundraiser for friends/family. I am totally on board with this and quite excited… but, I am really in need of a “knock your socks off“ BBQ baked bean recipe that is fairly easy and inexpensive to make.

Whatcha guys got?

My baked beans suck, but I just wanted to say congratulations on your daughter coming home!

Congratulations on the great news!

I'll "dog pile" on the Wampus' Peach Bourbon & Keri Hog Apple Beans.

I honestly do a bit of a hybrid between the two, and they're gone before I can believe it.

This recipe came from my DIL who I would describe as not the most skilled in the kitchen. Great ICU nurse, but not so much in banging of the pats and pans. When she told me she was making a recipe from Pinterest, I was somewhat skeptical because my wife has tried many recipes from that site that sound great on paper but are colossal failures. These beans, much to my surprise, were very tasty and everyone at the party raved as well.

Anastasia's Best-Ever Baked Beans

• A5 cans of pork and beans (15 ounce cans – VanCamps’s Pork and Beans or similar)
  • 2 medium or 1 large onion, chopped (yellow or sweet onion, not vidalia)
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons butter (for sauteing onions)
  • 3/4 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 cup molasses
  • 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar (she used 1/2 cup, but use less for less sweetness)
  • 6 to 8 slices uncooked bacon, each cut in half or thirds

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees f. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.

Saute onions over medium to medium-high heat in butter until onions are tender and translucent.

Mix beans, sauteed onions, ketchup, mustard, molasses and brown sugar until blended well. Pour in prepared baking dish. Top with uncooked bacon in single layer (see photo above). Bake on middle rack of oven uncovered for 2-3 hours. Beans are ready when the top is dark and caramelized. Serve warm. Enjoy!

TIP – Make in Slow Cooker
These can also be thrown together and cooked in the slow cooker set on low for 6 to 8 hours as well. It won’t get that nice caramelize top, but it will still be delicious if you’re in a pinch for time. Be sure to saute the onions first.

BEANS FROM SCRATCH – If you want to make baked beans from scratch, head here for a great recipe – Boston Baked Beans – “A wonderful old-fashioned baked bean flavor. This recipe has served by family for 29 years and originally came from my mother-in-law. It tastes great served with fresh cornbread or biscuits and honey. Although you need to allow time for soaking and simmering the beans, this recipe is still quite easy.”

Back