THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ronbrad62

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Ron
I purchased some Duroc baby back ribs on yellow tag a short while back, and today was the day that I tried the vortex 1 hr. method. I seasoned them up with Triple 9 Sweet Heat rub and placed them on the grill. According to the grill temp dial, it ran between 375-400 and they were done in about an hour. We marinated some zucchini and yellow squash in Italian dressing and grilled them as an accompaniment, and of course, baked beans. No sauce was planned and none was needed. I wanted something different and this was perfect. Great bite and flavor, even my wife complimented me on them and she is not the biggest fan of BBQ because she had her fair share when she worked at Old Hickory House in her younger days. She still supports me when I want to cook it, but often she passes or requests something different.
Thanks for looking.
IMG_20240508_164628650.jpg
IMG_20240526_153424140_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240526_175300873_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240526_181757158_HDR.jpgIMG_20240526_180927064_HDR.jpg

Individual ribs. Known as party ribs around here. Was going to make them, but we got rained out. Looks great!

Nicely done Ron. Have never done individually sliced BB Ribs before. May need to try it. The N+Bake Beans look really good. Last time I looked BB were $10/lb or a little over $30 a rack of BB- just cant do that

I purchased some Duroc baby back ribs on yellow tag a short while back, and today was the day that I tried the vortex 1 hr. method. I seasoned them up with Triple 9 Sweet Heat rub and placed them on the grill. According to the grill temp dial, it ran between 375-400 and they were done in about an hour. We marinated some zucchini and yellow squash in Italian dressing and grilled them as an accompaniment, and of course, baked beans. No sauce was planned and none was needed. I wanted something different and this was perfect. Great bite and flavor, even my wife complimented me on them and she is not the biggest fan of BBQ because she had her fair share when she worked at Old Hickory House in her younger days. She still supports me when I want to cook it, but often she passes or requests something different.
Thanks for looking.
View attachment 223096
View attachment 223095
View attachment 223094
View attachment 223089View attachment 223090
That's a great looking meal! I really like the party rib idea with the vortex. Actually it would allow many different flavors of ribs in one cook. Great meal Ron!

Back