THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I know this has been covered before, but with all of the new members coming on board lately thought it would be fun for everyone to chime in on their must-have toppings for dogs (brats and other sausages if you like) and hamburgers.

I'll go first.

Hot dogs: Relish and regular yellow mustard. Don't mind a few onions but like to keep it as simple as possible.

Hamburgers. Gotta have cheese of course (if I have a choice I usually go with pepper jack cheese), lettuce, mayo and raw onion.

How about the rest of you folks?

Last edited:
Burger - cheese
Hot-dog - coleslaw with some celery seed
Brats - Kraut

Hot dog: Either mustard and onions or all the way (onion, chili sauce, slaw, mustard)

Hamburger: Cheese (surprise me), lettuce, onion, pickle, tomato, mustard and a small bit of ketchup

Hot dogs, either plain or ketchup (Heinz) mustard, dill relish, jalapeno and green onion.

Burgers, just cheese or other times cheese, mayo, jalapeno and raw onion.

Dog: yellow mustard, relish- slivered raw onion

Burger: American cheese, mustard, mayo (yes both), thin sliced onion, dash of salt /pepper

brat: sauteed onion/bell peppers, yellow mustard.

Dog: mustard, relish, onion, tomato and celery salt. Hold the pickle.

Burger: Cheese (depends on type) ketchup, mustard, onion, tomato, S&P, sometimes bacon.

Brat: mustard and sauerkraut.

Burger must have yellow american deli cheese (not that cheap kraft slices crap) , thin sliced dill pickle, and ketchup. It can also include mayo, lettuce, onion and tomato.
Hot dog must have brown spicy mustard, and kraut, or spicy mustard, chili and a thin sliced pickle spear. It can also include minced raw onion.

Everything which = Mustard, onions and "hot sauce"

Hot sauce is sauce for hots as in hot dogs, not necessarily spicy hot sauce, although it can be both spicy hot and temp hot. Same stuff that goes on a garbage plate.

Anything with this stuff :clap2:

LmyMquam.jpg

Sometimes I like Ketchup, mustard, relish and chopped onions. Sometimes I like Horseradish Mustard and sliced tomatoes on Dogs, Sometimes chilli cheese onions n mustard.

Hot Dogs
Golf course- onion relish jalapeño
Home- onion jalapeño green chile -cheese and chili
Driving Car- light mustard & jalapeño or kraut and jalapeño

Burgers
Green Chile Jalapeño mandatory mustard or dry. No ketchup or mayo

Veggies optional- tomato pickle onion- no restaurant lettuce though

Last edited:
Having learned about and tried the Husk Cheeseburger, I'm a HUGE fan of their sauce...

Here's my tweak (only a modification of the batch size... not the recipe):
1/2 cup Dukes Mayo
1/4 cup Yellow Mustard
2 Tbsp Ketchup
1/8 cup Pickle Relish
1/8 cup of chopped pickled jalapeño slices
1.5 tsp vinegar/pickling liquid from the jalapeños
2 Tsp Hot Sauce (I used Valentina's)
1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar

I'm impressed how well this stuff keeps. Seriously. I've been gone a bit this summer, and just had some sauce that I made in May (kept in the fridge the whole time, thank you). It was TASTY! Make The Sauce!

hot dogs-mustard ketchup onions and sauerkraut(not necessarily all at the same time ie-i'll forgo the ketchup and onions if i'm using kraut)
burgers-cheese bacon onions mayo mustard and jalapenos

Dogs: Chicago dog toppings minus the relish. Mustard, onion, tomato, pickle, sport peppers, celery salt. And occasionally kraut. A few hot dog joints add kraut.

Burgers: Mustard, pickles, onion (grilled or raw) tomato, hatch chiles.

Brats: Mustard, kraut.

Polish: Mustard, onion, tomato.

Dogs - diced onions and mustard.

Burgers - sharp cheddar or blue cheese, bacon, sliced onions (raw or caramelized), fresh sliced tomato, pickle and yellow mustard.

Hot dog: mustard, chili and onions

Hamburger: mustard, lettuce, tomato, onion and pickles

Back