26 Custom Cart Inaugural Cook--Pastrami Burgers

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Finally finished this puppy and did the first cook on it yesterday inviting fam to join me for some pastrami burgers. I'll have a separate thread for the build.

I2zCURDh.jpg

Pastrami that I wanted to get to for weeks

y16m8rGh.jpg

Soaked and trimmed

DJpvXVih.jpg

Let it do it's thing

nxe7BnZh.jpg

In the meantime I grabbed some tri tips. Can't go wrong at $5/lb

AYAuDrRh.jpg

Really nicely marbled

9vKVf9Xh.jpg

But had to cube it

gOgbL1oh.jpg

To grind it :becky: Half coarse half fine

OE1JZPnh.jpg

Made some patties next

C4IrLeIh.jpg

About 6 oz's each

ad8c4Och.jpg

I had to spritz the brisket so I used beer. :-D My dad's a simple man so he requested bud light which I got for him. Not using my good stuff. :heh:

pzExWBkh.jpg

This Bud's for you!!

n0euq9Hh.jpg

Before we knew it burgers hit the grill

FLMsQTVh.jpg

Brioche and pretzel buns by request

JALsj4Yh.jpg

Nephew wanted his with Brioche. He's 16 so he can eat :shock:

027MNYrh.jpg

Took care of everyone and built mine with pretzel buns. Pickles, mustard, balsamic caramelized onions, horseradish sauce I whipped up and butter lettuce

rSdXGmVh.jpg

Pepper jack and provolone

0fxZFZbh.jpg

Dang good!! Everyone left full and happy. Thanks for looking!

7VfFvFhh.jpg

Yes the cart looks great as do the burgers. How does the taste of a corned beef brisket compare to a normal smoked brisket? Never had a corned brisket.

That looks great - like the amount of space the 26 gives you. Look forward to seeing the build

Once again, you have left me speechless! What should I budget for that cart build? Need to know now… lol. Would love love love to do that same thing… or something very similar.

Yes the cart looks great as do the burgers. How does the taste of a corned beef brisket compare to a normal smoked brisket? Never had a corned brisket.

Thanks Joedy!

Basically tastes like pastrami with a hint of smoke. I soaked it overnight and in rubbed it in tiny bit of salt since it was cured already and black pepper.

That looks great - like the amount of space the 26 gives you. Look forward to seeing the build

Heck yes! Had two bowls and a lid from Weber when I initially bought a 26 that was poor fitting. They kept sending replacement bowls and lids so I kept it until I cleaned out the garage and decided to build this cart. What didn't fit on the original kettle fit like a glove on the cart. Go figure!:-D

Once again, you have left me speechless! What should I budget for that cart build? Need to know now… lol. Would love love love to do that same thing… or something very similar.

Thanks Robb!

The cart initially housed a Kingsford Oval. It rusted through so I decided to slap on the 26 instead. Work done at the shop so no labor but buying the Weber parts alone cost a couple hundred bucks. Plus about $150 for the sns easy spin grate and sns basket which I got on sale. Gotta do the math but for everything including the cost for the cart material I'm easily in around $800 if not more. I'll add it up and let you know. 26 parts are outrageously expensive as it's not common and most places don't carry it.

Thanks Robb!

The cart initially housed a Kingsford Oval. It rusted through so I decided to slap on the 26 instead. Work done at the shop so no labor but buying the Weber parts alone cost a couple hundred bucks. Plus about $150 for the sns easy spin grate and sns basket which I got on sale. Gotta do the math but for everything including the cost for the cart material I'm easily in around $800 if not more. I'll add it up and let you know. 26 parts are outrageously expensive as it's not common and most places don't carry it.

Heck, I don’t even have a table and I am easily at $800+ with all of my 26 add-ons. SnS stuff will get ya, but so worth it, IMO. Then add on my GrillGrates and modified Kick-Ash basket, and yeah… the simple/affordable kettle turns into minor $$ pit... lol. All in all though, a loaded kettle is still a heck of an affordable and highly versatile cooker when you compare it to the competition and consider how long they last.

Why Weber doesn’t introduce a 26 Performer model is beyond me. I think they’d be a smash hit.

Heck, I don’t even have a table and I am easily at $800+ with all of my 26 add-ons. SnS stuff will get ya, but so worth it, IMO. Then add on my GrillGrates and modified Kick-Ash basket, and yeah… the simple/affordable kettle turns into minor $$ pit... lol. All in all though, a loaded kettle is still a heck of an affordable and highly versatile cooker when you compare it to the competition and consider how long they last.

Why Weber doesn’t introduce a 26 Performer model is beyond me. I think they’d be a smash hit.

I hear you. The initial 26 kettle, cover, SnS XL drip pan cost me $700 and that was 3 years ago. Honestly it's worth every penny since it gets the most use than any of my cookers.

You'd figure with the kamados and the summit charcoal series they would want to do a 26 cart. :noidea:

I'm right in line behind you, Marty! Sako, those look outstanding! I'll bring the beer (Sam of course!)

That’s a great way to christen in the new cart, which looks great!

That’s a great cart, look forward to seeing the build steps. I have a stainless cart that I think might be able to serve the purpose.

The ‘tri strami’ looks great too!

That is a cool cart build. The good 'ole 26'er is the best bang in outdoor cooking. And it looks like your's in kicking out great food. Your top-shelf burgers are simply awesome.

Back