Fast Food Throwdown Kick Off

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Guess I'll kick it off. :clap2:

Link to the Fast Food throwdown thread http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283023

Made two fast food burgers yesterday.

First is the Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack In The Box. I used to devour these in my twenties after long nights of partying since nothing else was open in wee hours of the morning.

It's two patties, one stacked with fake swiss cheese and American cheese, the second patty with American cheese topped with bacon and the crown loaded with mayo, mustard and ketchup. :becky: Just farking bad but it was soo good back in the days.

This is what it looks like in their advertisement

Cx5VBqch.png

This is normally what theirs looks like

P92w2oKh.jpg

This is what mine looks like. They always are sloppy with the condiments so is mine. :mrgreen:

0hOCln4h.jpg

Since I had the common ingredients I also decided to make an old favorite from Fatburger. The Fatburger XXXL which consists of three 1/2 pound patties (2lbs raw) Though configurable in so many ways including eggs if you choose my favorite is "the works."

The Works consists of three 1/2 lb patties- Mayo, Lettuce, Tomato, Pickles, Onions, Relish, Mustard and I also added chopped bacon

Here's their advertisement pic

BelxGZgh.jpg

What it normally looks like

IDpEPPMh.jpg

What mine looks like :nod:

jm93E6hh.jpg

I started with fresh ground beef

NkyHqiSh.jpg

Smoked bacon

n1C8HLRh.jpg

S&P

GL0moDKh.jpg

Cheese

lGFrZQ1h.jpg

Assembly time and pretty sure you already now which is which

7BFWhVnh.jpg

The Fatburger XXXL got the chopped bacon, the patties, mustard, relish, onions, pickles

TMyz47Sh.jpg

Finished with tomatoes, lettuce, and the crown. Somehow the lettuce ran away :laugh:

UT9FAxeh.jpg

And that's all she wrote folks

IYuJJ8qh.jpg

W8KlLpxh.jpg

The Jack In The Box Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger and cooked just like the restaurant

DCyx5VDh.jpg

And the Fatburger XXXL

8A3Aawwh.jpg

iD7u1Sgh.jpg

Both were fantastic and the flavors totally there except intensified. This was super fun and I may do more fast food copycats. Now let's see everyone else get into this TD. :clap2:

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
I see it sliced ... but No Bite !!!! Did you actually eat those ?? Looks great !!!!

I sure did. Managed to try half of each. Just didn't put pics since there are a bunch already. :biggrin1:

But here you go Mike. :thumb:

ExNmoa6h.jpg

Yes sir! I'll have one of each, extra onion...

Back in my day, it was Jack in the Box Super Tacos on the way home from a night of drinking in the wee hours of the morning.

Fun Fact: Jack in the Box used to be owned by Purina. You know, the Dog Chow & Cat Chow people. Back in the late 70's early 80's, we used to call Jack's People Chow. Still bummed they moved out of Chicago. But at least we still have Rectal Rockets / Belly Bombers / Azz Blasters from White Castle.

Two amazing burgers and a great kickoff to the contest. I'll be joining you soon, just have to figure out what I will cook as an entry.

Yes sir! I'll have one of each, extra onion...

Back in my day, it was Jack in the Box Super Tacos on the way home from a night of drinking in the wee hours of the morning.

Fun Fact: Jack in the Box used to be owned by Purina. You know, the Dog Chow & Cat Chow people. Back in the late 70's early 80's, we used to call Jack's People Chow. Still bummed they moved out of Chicago. But at least we still have Rectal Rockets / Belly Bombers / Azz Blasters from White Castle.

Thanks Andy!

:laugh: There you go at least you have an alternative. They really took a hard hit in 93 due to the ecoli deaths and sickenings and closed a bunch of locations in other states.

They still have the 2 for $0.99 tacos though. They've been the same price as far as I can remember. Something like 30% soy and 70% beef IIRC. They even have a bucket of tiny tacos now. Same thing in a micro form and equally as bad. :laugh:

JITB_MenuImage_TinyTacos__3_.png

You've really set the bar to new heights, Sako. Truly fantastic in every way.

I haven't put the announcement up yet, but for the July monthly Special Throwdown, we're doing burgers. Looks like you're covered there as well!

Last edited:
You've really set the bar to new heights, Sako. Truly fantastic in every way.

I haven't put the announcement up yet, but for the July monthly Special Throwdown, we're doing burgers. Looks like you're covered there as well!

Thanks Richard!

Looking forward! I love burger crafting so gotta come up with something original for the July throwdown. :nod:

Just curious, are they an Australian chain??? Titch, ever hear of them?

The cheese is melting up. Gotta love advertising pics.

Founded right here in Los Angeles though they branched out overseas. Mostly out here though. IIRC they had their patties upside down with the cheese on the bottom. Franchisees have control over their menus though and you get certain items at some locations and not the others.

Pretty famous with celebrities especially rappers. I remember back in 94 when I was 19 the Studio City location had the King Fatburger with a huge patty or patties on an oversized bun. It was massive lengthwise and I always used to grab one on my way home at 4am getting off work at the cinemas. Oh the good ol days when L.A. was a super awesome city.

Last edited:
Back