THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My WSM's with their new trim job. :thumb:
DSCN4701.jpg

I'm glad you posted those side by side pics. I had no idea that the 18.5 was so much shorter.

I scored this week! Picked up a "J" Silver today after work and Sunday found a "no date stamp" Bar-B-Q-Kettle. Everyone is Spring cleaning and I got them for free!

IMG_3478.jpg

Just when I said "That's all folks!" along come those wascally wed webers to be wescued!

I'm glad you posted those side by side pics. I had no idea that the 18.5 was so much shorter.
It's a bit shorter, but the picture may be off a bit. As you can see the 18 is a few inches behind the 22, that may make it look shorter than it really is.
Wooden handles?! Are they available thru Weber? I gotta go look see.
Sorry, they're not available through Weber. I bought a 1996 kettle just for the handles. Said kettle is now for sale. :crazy:

Weber

I love my Weber. I have a Weber Performer use all the time. Getting ready to make a extension for it and make it part Weber/ part UDS. Can't wait!!

I love my Weber. I have a Weber Performer use all the time. Getting ready to make a extension for it and make it part Weber/ part UDS. Can't wait!!

I'm so jealous! I really want a Performer, really the SS older one. I just dont have a truck. I see some on CL, and I want to get it, but no truck to transport it! :doh:

She's really nice Drew!

Thanks, took a bit of work to get her looking this nice.
Purchased off of evilbay, the seller mentioned that there was some rust on the legs and drip tray. Opened up the shipping box and found that the entire legs and tray were completely rusted and that it had started to eat it's way upwards.
Had to wirebrush legs, tray and all the rust spots on the kettle. Touched the kettle up with high temp BBQ paint.
Also a little work on the handle just to make it look nice :-D

Doing my first rack of ribs on the OTS right now, getting an old Performer that a friend in St Louis is picking up for me. I respectfully ask for admittance into the Weber Kettle Appretiation Society. Can't wait to post pics of the Performer!

You can't get the wood handles anymore, other than that looks like a OTS 18.5, maybe 22.5, hard to tell. Not terribly special, you can get the year from the stamp on your damper. It's coded, but there is a link to find out what year it is somewhere in here. I would buy it off of CL just because I like the handles.

No problem. Gotta love Google. I just found this and will be making my own! <clicky> I've got a friend who hooks me up with kiln-dried cherry scraps. May see if he can get some oak. Good times. :thumb:

Here's a better pic of the WSM handle with vent tab covers that I made out of bocote.

Attachments

• IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 481
Back